Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help picking a nepenthe

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    N. peltata, N. sibuyanensis, and N. burkei all have bulbous lower pitchers. Peltata is pretty adaptable to a wide range of temperatures (found from lowland to highland elevations in the wild), but tends to be on the pricey side, since it's relatively new. Sibuyanensis and burkei like higher humidity and a temperature drop at night, but are cheaper than peltata at least. Then of course, there's the obligatory N. ventricosa, very well known for its ease of growth and squat pitchers. Hybrids involving N. glabrata tend to have cute and bulbous pitchers, but are also somewhat picky.

N. attenboroughii also has very nice bell-shaped lower pitchers, but even if you do happen to get hold of one somehow, the thing is rather annoying to cultivate and grows slower than a bristlecone pine. I think the best candidate for a windowsill grower would be N. ventricosa, but if you want extremely bulbous pitchers, you'd need to go for something else. Good luck!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is a plant that used to be called Nepenthes alata 'Boschiana Mimic' but the name was later changed to Nepenthes graciliflora. It's not a rare plant, but it's not widely available in nurseries. I bet if you ask around you could probably find one from another grower and work out a trade. Here is a photo of the plant, not the bulbous base of the pitchers. It's very easy to grow. I'm not willing to trade mine because it's one of my favorites.

Last edited by D_muscipula; 02-09-2015 at 06:04 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I appreciate the advice D_muscipula I really just needed to id the plants is wanted the fine it for sale thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12