User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any cause for worry? Nepenthes bottom 2 leaves turning black from tip.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could also set up an airconditioned environment, but that is bound to be expensive. In a pinch, the refrigerator will be your best bet. Perhaps you could have an ice-chest that you keep in the freezer all day and then you take it out at night and put the plant in it until morning, where you then take the ice-chest and put it back in your freezer.
    LOOKING FOR: N. (argentii x bicalcarata) x {[(lingulata x edwardsiana) x (naga x hamata)] x [(klossii x undulatifolia) x (aristolochioides x rajah)]} Growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=124586

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Highland (cool growing) Nepenthes really are a chore to keep unless you are willing to pay for the environmental controls.

I must use Air Conditioning in the summer months even though I live in an area which is generally mostly too cold for them much of the year (Minnesota in the USA).

BANNED
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Besides the heat (which you can reduce the effects of by feeding the plant), your media looks like it's too wet. The premature loss of older leaves is often a direct result of a lack of oxygen at the root zone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mato View Post
    Besides the heat (which you can reduce the effects of by feeding the plant), your media looks like it's too wet. The premature loss of older leaves is often a direct result of a lack of oxygen at the root zone.
    It looks wet, but trust me it's not. It was the result of using flash that made it look extra wet. I water it every 2 days. Sometimes 3 days.

I've decided on using a fridge. You can buy rather inexpensive fridges here in Thailand. So I'll buy a small one and keep it partially open with the plants inside to prevent humidity getting too low
    Last edited by iDennis; 02-12-2015 at 12:38 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12