What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Interesting cutting

Last year I acquired a tenuis cutting in a trade with a fellow member. I cut it into two separate cuttings. The growth tip fell victim to the graveyard and the other cutting I made seemed to be going the same way. After seeing the top growth point swell I figured it would be good to go. However, that quickly blackened and then I figured that was it. I, being a curious individual, did some digging figuring I wouldn't hurt the "dead" cutting. I gave it a little tug a few weeks ago and it seem to stay put, so I dug a little deeper today. To my surprise I saw a mass of white tissue in what appeared to be a colorless leaf forming. When I had made the cutting I decided to cut it closer to the final node than I would have liked (probably 1/8th or 1/4th inch) so I figured that this would not take. However, this occurred:

Dead top:
2015-02-28 01.06.55 by majaco10, on Flickr

Living bottom:
2015-02-28 01.06.38 by majaco10, on Flickr

Hopefully the cutting will make it. It was buried under medium initially and I am guessing it will green up once exposed to light. I figured I would share with everyone since I haven't really seen to many cuttings behave in this manor.

Back