Likes Likes:  3
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nepenthes vieillardii

Greetings from the netherworld. curtisconners's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rodents, the hobbyists nightmare, I nearly lost my Christmas cactus to a ground hog. Sorry about your plant. The best of luck to you with the ones that made it though.
    The profile pic that you see above is my actual photo. I am a hyper-intelligent snake that has learned to use the internet and I will eventually rule you all.

Just kidding..... Or am I?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    N. vieillardii BE

N. vieillardii BE

I don't pay much attention at all to my N. vieillardii so I was surprised to see a nice new "large" pitcher on my plant. It's got quite a root system going now and will probably need repotting sometime this year.
    "I, for one, can't wait to grow Nepenthes extincta!"
    Plant List ; blog

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cool!
    LOOKING FOR: N. (argentii x bicalcarata) x {[(lingulata x edwardsiana) x (naga x hamata)] x [(klossii x undulatifolia) x (aristolochioides x rajah)]} Growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=124586

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nepenthes vieillardii BE

Nepenthes vieillardii BENepenthes vieillardii BE

Starting to ramble now - I first posted my plant on this thread a year ago, so I'd say N. vieillardii can be a pretty quick grower.
    Plant List ; blog

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking good there! I've been thinking about getting one of these, though I'm more interested in pervillei, personally. From what I'm reading in this thread, vieillardii seems to do well in the same high mineral mixes kept rather dry that I've seen recommended for pervillei. I wonder if Turface could be substituted for akadama?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nimbulan View Post
    Looking good there! I've been thinking about getting one of these, though I'm more interested in pervillei, personally. From what I'm reading in this thread, vieillardii seems to do well in the same high mineral mixes kept rather dry that I've seen recommended for pervillei. I wonder if Turface could be substituted for akadama?
    Yeah, N. vieillardii is my attempt to work my way back up to N. pervillei since they seem to appreciate the same conditions (and N. vieillardii has pretty similar uppers to N. pervillei actually); if vieillardii was more common, I think we definitely could pin down what specific conditions the species wants, because I think pretty much everyone's attempts to grow this species really are shots in the dark, including my own.
    Plant List ; blog

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12