What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nepenthes veitchii 'Pa'Umor'

Seed grown highland variant of N. veitchii. Let's see your specimen!
img_8002.jpg

Last edited:
Here are my 2.

Last edited:
Very healthy plants, sir. But I would expect no less from you :) Thanks for including your pair.

Last year's pitcher, still waiting for this year's

IMG_20140927_125712.jpg

This is sure to be one of the plants that people will be kicking themselves for not getting when they had the chance. I have yet to see a single dud among them. Beautiful plants all around.

This is sure to be one of the plants that people will be kicking themselves for not getting when they had the chance.

Given that I've never heard of this variant is it possible for you to say who supplied these?

I'm guessing they're out of stock though.

A single American vendor had them last year. I'm sure others must have gotten seed too though.

We're not supposed to discuss sellers by name here on TF.

Gotcha, thanks guys. Doubt I'll see any down here but maybe, just maybe...

Are the single quotes used for the name in your thread title, a typo? Or is this a registered cultivar that has yet to be listed on the registrars page?

Joseph Clemens, Pa'Umor is a locality

Yet the use of single quotes is reserved, strictly for use with registered cultivar names. So any other use of them, when writing plant names, could be misleading.

The way that mato wrote the name in an early post to this thread, is not confusing, as that post did not misuse single quotes, but instead used double quotes. It would also not be confusing if it weren't in any quotes at all, or in brackets, parentheses, or various other commonly used punctuation characters. However, using single quotes automatically implies that it is a registered cultivar name, and, as you say, it is merely a location identification. Someday, someone may choose to register it, or another plant with that name as a cultivar. Then the use of the single quotes would be appropriate, for whichever plant is actually registered with that name.

Drosera 'Hawaii', D. 'Hong Kong', D. 'Kanto', D. 'Kansai', and D. 'Kununurra' are all registered cultivars named after localities. Hence the use of the single quotes.

Back