User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Should I be concerned about the coloring on this leaf?

Admin- I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az. adnedarn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If it's not the HO version, it was probably fine. I would find a way to semi-slowly move it to a more correct area. I wouldn't just move it, but I wouldn't bother with taking weeks to make the change either.
    -Andrew
    Owner of TerraForums, FlyTrapShop.com, and cpforums.org.
    Support FlyTrapShop, support TerraForums! www.flytrapshop.com

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, if the plant is growing perfectly fine (with the exception of the funny coloration), you might not have to move it - most Nepenthes are far more adaptable than we give them credit for, especially hybrids involving N. truncata, such as this one. If not, I suppose you could always go with the classic "plastic baggie on windowsill" approach, although I'm not sure how well it would survive like that...

Ok, so this is a completely irrelevant thought, but since Nepenthes are dioecious plants, would it be correct to refer to them as "it"? I've always called them "it" instead of "him or her" since it's pretty much impossible to tell the gender without flowers, and most photos of Nepenthes I see are lacking in flowers... Sorry if I wasted someone's time going off on my tangent.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uhhhh so the light is HO i just looked the box

WELL... I use to keep one of my plant in this xoxo box and the temperate was constantly around 60~80.

maybe that'd work?

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    N. truncata is a very tolerant species especially as parentage material; I doubt there will be need for high humidity to be kept up if it can be acclimated. Moving it somewhere warmer will help, otherwise with the size of the pitchers it's producing it looks pretty okay. If the lighting or another issue is causing discoloration the plant will alert you eventually.
    Everything has a reason, whether big or small. Never underestimate the power of what is or is not.
    There is far more to everything than meets the eye.
    Growlist

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That sounds like approval to leave it as is. Thanks guy!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think your plant is just darkening up, it may not have received as intense of light in its previous conditions. If it's pitchering and growing there is nothing to worry about.

I swear you are a hypochondriac about your plants . . .
    LOOKING FOR: N. (argentii x bicalcarata) x {[(lingulata x edwardsiana) x (naga x hamata)] x [(klossii x undulatifolia) x (aristolochioides x rajah)]} Growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=124586

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i am ~~~~~~~~~~~!!!!!!!!!!!!! You know me so well Dexenthes

Truthfully I"m just kinda clueless and even after some research i still feel the need to ask question LOL.

But ya, I don't want them to die , then i'd have to spend more money buying them back :P

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12