Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Nepenthes species in cultivation - N. tenuidon

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mcmcnair View Post
    Has the species been officially published? If not its considered bad form to make the new species name public. No harm, no foul, just wanted to make you aware. I did something similar after the ICPS conference with a new species that is in the process of being described from Australia.
    I think Ulysses Ferreras and Wally Suarez which are Philippine taxonomist are describing the species.

Ramon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rdlsreno View Post
    I think Ulysses Ferreras and Wally Suarez which are Philippine taxonomist are describing the species.

Ramon
    I believe you are correct. In fact, today I found a thread started by Wally himself in another CP forum, where he states that there are less than 30 flowering individuals of this species left in the wild, with the entire population being restricted to just a few square meters of habitat. He says it's one of the most endangered species in the world, but he plans to reintroduce his seed-grown plants back into the wild at another more protected location close to the original native site.
    His posts also include great images of the mature plants in their habitat. I'm not sure what the rules are on here about posting links to other forums, so I won't do it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just because they're in the process of describing it doesn't mean it has been officially described. I'd say posting the name at this point is bad mojo.
    NCSU's Carnivore Nut
    Original President of the CCPS & Co-Founder
    Mason M.
    My Growlist

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12