User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  1
Likes Likes:  5
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Some coffee; some patience; some time . . .

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And so it came to pass, the david came down from mount by the bay
    Words of wisdom share did he, be it known that coffee is the nectar of the gods
    Drink my child but share with thy nep, for it is thy eddie that benefit most of all

Denton 2:25

:-)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Av8tor1 View Post
    And so it came to pass, the david came down from mount by the bay
    Words of wisdom share did he, be it known that coffee is the nectar of the gods
    Drink my child but share with thy nep, for it is thy eddie that benefit most of all

Denton 2:25

:-)

". . . and slew they the goats, and place they the bits in tiny pots . . ."

Butch, you should really talk, oh Padishah Emperor of Tincher Tepui . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Tower View Post
    Hey Big Bella,
    Forgive me but is this the same two plants?
    Absolutely no forgiveness; and yes, it was and is the same plant, though with a bit more color and less likely to be overgrown by the green hell that is Polytrichum . . .
    Last edited by BigBella; 05-28-2015 at 04:27 PM. Reason: typing with boxing gloves . . .
    “Sì perché l'autorità dell'opinione di mille nelle scienze non val per una scintilla di ragione di un solo . . ."

-- Galileo "Biff" Galilei

Carnivorous plant enthusiast vraev's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBella View Post
    "..... though with a bit more color and less likely to be overgrown by the green hell that is Polytrichum . . .
    BigB....are u sure?..that isn't polytricum. atleast not most of it...there seems some which can be polytricum though. this looks more like a sheet moss species. polytricum is a lot bigger....isn't it? this is typically almost all polytricum species...size wise...also polytricum moss ends up being a lot more thicker and vascular. Also a lot darker green generally. If you look around, u can see both mosses in question in these below pics. Polytricum is evident...the other one is all over too...just a bit sparse in these pics. It is probably a separate species of moss that is the bane of my existence in pic 1 that drowns everything in my tank...the lighter fluffier sheet moss.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vraev View Post
    BigB....are u sure?..that isn't polytricum. atleast not most of it...there seems some which can be polytricum though. this looks more like a sheet moss species. polytricum is a lot bigger....isn't it? this is typically almost all polytricum species...size wise...also polytricum moss ends up being a lot more thicker and vascular.
    I did remove a great deal of the moss from the pots; and there are, after all, something on the order of seventy-five species of Polytrichum -- some greener; some more vascular in appearance; some less so; and they vary in size. It was more of an issue when the plants were seedlings . . .
    “Sì perché l'autorità dell'opinione di mille nelle scienze non val per una scintilla di ragione di un solo . . ."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only a year for that growth wow,
    I hope my eddy that's on coffe grows like that!
    By the way what are its temps

Carnivorous plant enthusiast vraev's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBella View Post
    I did remove a great deal of the moss from the pots; and there are, after all, something on the order of seventy-five species of Polytrichum -- some greener; some more vascular in appearance; some less so; and they vary in size. It was more of an issue when the plants were seedlings . . .
    Fair enough. I am only familiar with 4 of the Polytricum species and all of those are vascular and very rigid.

Nice pic of the plant updated btw.. looks fantastic. Would kill to have a plant that beautiful. lol
    Last edited by vraev; 05-31-2015 at 10:06 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is a recent update on that same coffee-chugging plant from Borneo, with its latest pitcher still opening and coloring up . . .

Nepenthes edwardsiana 28 August

Last edited by BigBella; 09-04-2015 at 05:36 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ahrg... And mines starting to get shrinky dinkie at the moment...it was growing fine up until a week ago put out a tiny new leaf and i think its maybe my light its a 250 watt cfl light but its been kinda hot ...so im not sure if that's the case or if im loosing my mind. But yours looks great hun. The atten is doing great but it may be getting shrinky leave to... Any advice on keeping fluid in the seedling pitchers cause i wanna try and feed them but without fluid they turn blackish.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast