User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  1
Likes Likes:  5
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Some coffee; some patience; some time . . .

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KATastrophe View Post
    Ahrg... And mines starting to get shrinky dinkie at the moment...it was growing fine up until a week ago put out a tiny new leaf and i think its maybe my light its a 250 watt cfl light but its been kinda hot ...so im not sure if that's the case or if im loosing my mind. But yours looks great hun. The atten is doing great but it may be getting shrinky leave to... Any advice on keeping fluid in the seedling pitchers cause i wanna try and feed them but without fluid they turn blackish.
    Highland plants definitely thrive under bright light; but yours may be getting a bit overheated. Ensure that they get cold nights and satisfy yourself by fertilizing the compost and forget feeding the tiny pitchers. I never feed them or add fertilizer -- save for what they catch on their own. It's far too easy to upset the chemistry within the pitchers and cause them to rot . . .
    “Sì perché l'autorità dell'opinione di mille nelle scienze non val per una scintilla di ragione di un solo . . ."

-- Galileo "Biff" Galilei

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They get a good drop at night but day temps are deff becoming an issue without cold water bottles added below the tank. Its day temps are in the 80's night temps low 60s-50's. Humidity is pretty good but my i can't tell what it is since my regulator isnt working to good so im ordering a new one and a new cooling fan. Do u think i should switch to my 60watt day light bulb instead cause lower light makes bigger leaves but its weird cause many of my other HLs are doing fine when the others are finicy and vice versa. I'll post a photo

photo 20150905_072136-1.jpg
    You can see the where the other leaves been growing nicely and the recent one is tiny
    Last edited by KATastrophe; 09-05-2015 at 04:26 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I figure feeding them may increase the leaves and pitchers but their so little its near impossible to feed um

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow!!!!

Ramon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WOw!

Loos like I need to send my Eddys to BigBella's Highland Health Spa....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea me too flip lol

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flip_Side_the_Pint View Post
    WOw!

Loos like I need to send my Eddys to BigBella's Highland Health Spa....
    Thanks for the kind words . . .

Yes, the plants are really enjoying the carefree Northern Californian lifestyle, and gorging themselves on only the finest, cage-free, free-range fungus gnats, heh, heh, heh . . .
    “Sì perché l'autorità dell'opinione di mille nelle scienze non val per una scintilla di ragione di un solo . . ."

-- Galileo "Biff" Galilei

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NemJones View Post
    And people say that coffee is a myth..
    There's no control in this setting, so there's zero scientific evidence of it not being a myth. One could just as easily equate it to the orchid fertilizer (much more scientifically likely), or the OP's favorable growing conditions/media.

Not to take away from the awesome plant, as it certainly is awesome, but we have to remember that correlation does not equal causation.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast