User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  1
Likes Likes:  5
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Some coffee; some patience; some time . . .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gorgeous plants. Really enjoy looking at your photos. The plants look great in those containers, with the soil slightly mounded and covered in the green moss; really makes it pop. I'm eager to see how your experiments turn out after you receive your clones.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What's the moss? It looks really good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some of the moss is live/dead sphagnum moss. The other stuff (bright green, small, upright growth surrounding the stems of the plants in the most recent pictures) appear to me to resemble common hair cap moss. That stuff seems to just randomly pop up in the growing media from time to time. It is quite common and some folks hate it, but I find it pretty.

Carnivorous plant enthusiast vraev's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow... fantastic as always. Your pics never cease to amaze me, and they make me stare at them in a blinded daze BigB. Wonderful.

I got one question for you though.... with all these amazing plants...how the heck do you manage to fit them in your house? Is it a greenhouse the size of the temperate house at Kew? Or is it a whole house dedicated as a terrarium for these plants.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Varun, thanks for the kind words. Some of the younger plants are with me, chowing down on insects on a South-facing window; others, outside, shaded under an arbor; and some in a friend's cold-frame greenhouse, along with her highland orchids . . .

Here is some further progress, of a couple more experimental plants, also treated, as were the eddies. There are some earlier shots from mid-Summer (10-15 July); then others, from this afternoon. Both species have a bit of a reputation for being somewhat slow growers . . .

Nepenthes lowii

Nepenthes rajah

“Sì perché l'autorità dell'opinione di mille nelle scienze non val per una scintilla di ragione di un solo . . ."

-- Galileo "Biff" Galilei

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is an update of one of the many treated plants, on a recent California morning, in the mid-forties:

Nepenthes edwardsiana 26 January

“Sì perché l'autorità dell'opinione di mille nelle scienze non val per una scintilla di ragione di un solo . . ."

Carnivorous plant enthusiast vraev's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Damn!! Just incredible. BTW...thanks for replying to the earlier comment about ur GH setup. Its been a while since I checked TF.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is an update to one of the plants, which is just opening a new pitcher and is beginning to show off. The previous one, pictured last on 26 January, is to its immediate left . . .

Nepenthes edwardsiana (Marai Parai) 14 June

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast