Likes Likes:  2
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: My small collection

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
    Congrats on the addition of your N. lingulata by the way! Easily up there in my favourites list. Was yours from EP too?
    I'm not actually sure what the source nursery is. I purchased it from a popular Nepenthes vendor from New York.
    LOOKING FOR: N. (argentii x bicalcarata) x {[(lingulata x edwardsiana) x (naga x hamata)] x [(klossii x undulatifolia) x (aristolochioides x rajah)]} Growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=124586

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    burb x talang definitely has wonderful potential! And I like the shape of that bosch x platy, would bet the uppers are phenomenal.
    I find it interesting that a lot of people claim glabrata to be picky; mine was fussy for a couple years and doesn't like summer heat (I attribute the former to bad soil), but it's been pitchering non-stop since its repot into healthier soil for several months now....
    Everything has a reason, whether big or small. Never underestimate the power of what is or is not.
    There is far more to everything than meets the eye.
    Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @hcarlton, I'm watching the boschiana x platychila pitchers with great interest, I think the peristomes are reflexing less, if that continues I'll be very happy. What are you using for your glabrata potting mix? I was using a mix of LFS and orchid bark, but changed to pure live sphagnum a few months ago. It seems to be a bit happier but I want to give it another few months before making a final judgement, could just be a good phase.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    really healthy looking plants you're doing an amazing job! has your N. lingulata started to exhibit its operculum appendage yet?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flip_Side_the_Pint View Post
    really healthy looking plants you're doing an amazing job! has your N. lingulata started to exhibit its operculum appendage yet?
    Thanks! The appendage was already present on the pitchers the plant had when I received it about 10 months ago, and you can see the top of a pitcher in profile between the stem and the tag for the plant to its right. Also, this picture was taken about a month ago, it's actually the pitcher on the lower left in the previous picture:

Last edited by Stranger; 04-25-2016 at 01:49 AM.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
    @hcarlton, I'm watching the boschiana x platychila pitchers with great interest, I think the peristomes are reflexing less, if that continues I'll be very happy. What are you using for your glabrata potting mix? I was using a mix of LFS and orchid bark, but changed to pure live sphagnum a few months ago. It seems to be a bit happier but I want to give it another few months before making a final judgement, could just be a good phase.
    My general Nepenthes mix is various amounts of LFS, pumice, and orchid mix (contains large peat chunks, orchid bark, and charcoal), the amount of each varying depending on the plant's preferences. N. glabrata currently is in a mix more on the airy side, but filling in with live sphagnum between the lager bark chunks. What seems most importantly is it likes it on the cooler, more humid side, but very bright light.
    Everything has a reason, whether big or small. Never underestimate the power of what is or is not.
    There is far more to everything than meets the eye.
    Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oh cool! very elegant looking pitcher. Does the little ling thing do anything that you can notice? like accumulate drops of sector or anything?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hcarlton View Post
    My general Nepenthes mix is various amounts of LFS, pumice, and orchid mix (contains large peat chunks, orchid bark, and charcoal), the amount of each varying depending on the plant's preferences. N. glabrata currently is in a mix more on the airy side, but filling in with live sphagnum between the lager bark chunks. What seems most importantly is it likes it on the cooler, more humid side, but very bright light.
    Thanks, might move it closer to my (admittedly puny) evaporative cooler, see if that helps a bit. If the live sphagnum doesn't do well I'll try out a mix like yours, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Flip_Side_the_Pint View Post
    oh cool! very elegant looking pitcher. Does the little ling thing do anything that you can notice? like accumulate drops of sector or anything?
    Nothing that I've seen so far, no nectar and it's my understanding that there aren't nectar glands anywhere on the lid. Makes it even more curious then if that's not the appendage's purpose, ehh?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast