Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Red Nepenthes?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice. . . Just an especially red Nepenthes. Sometimes that happens.
    LOOKING FOR: N. (argentii x bicalcarata) x {[(lingulata x edwardsiana) x (naga x hamata)] x [(klossii x undulatifolia) x (aristolochioides x rajah)]} Growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=124586

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How big should these get?
    Beautiful either way!
    Last edited by Acro; 06-14-2015 at 11:56 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Acro View Post
    How big should these get?
    Beautiful either way!
    Well, I imagine theyll get as big as any other Nepenthes would.. Im not sure if anyone has a mature cross yet, Paul gave a lot of these to a lot of people from what I understand. I've seen pictures of much larger plants than mine.
    ~Burgeoning connoisseur of all things ventricosa or otherwise tubby.~

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sashoke View Post
    Well, I imagine theyll get as big as any other Nepenthes would.. Im not sure if anyone has a mature cross yet, Paul gave a lot of these to a lot of people from what I understand. I've seen pictures of much larger plants than mine.
    LOL Neps grow to different sizes. Different pitcher sizes, different leaf sizes. I wasn't referring to vining.
    Last edited by Acro; 06-16-2015 at 09:32 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Phosphorus deficiency. Causes anthocyanin buildup and negatively impacts root growth. It results from the low pH of Sphag locking up available P in the soil. It's further induced when the plant wants to grow vigorously, such as after exposure to good conditions (high light/humidity/etc) or root disturbance (transplanting/repotting).

Introducing food through the roots just results in it being locked up, so foliar feeding a high-P fertilizer will green your plant up.
    Last edited by theplantman; 06-16-2015 at 11:26 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theplantman View Post
    Phosphorus deficiency. Causes anthocyanin buildup and negatively impacts root growth. It results from the low pH of Sphag locking up available P in the soil. It's further induced when the plant wants to grow vigorously, such as after exposure to good conditions (high light/humidity/etc) or root disturbance (transplanting/repotting).

Introducing food through the roots just results in it being locked up, so foliar feeding a high-P fertilizer will green your plant up.
    Very interesting! I have a young plant that did the exact same thing. It was green when I got it but is now the same red as the ops is.

Mine is a N. (ventricosa x spectabilis) x tenius
    https://farm1.staticflickr.com/315/1...179841d6_b.jpg

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh wow very interesting theplantman. Thank you for the response Would there be any serious negative effects if I just didnt do anything about it? Honestly I like the red ;P
    ~Burgeoning connoisseur of all things ventricosa or otherwise tubby.~

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sashoke View Post
    Oh wow very interesting theplantman. Thank you for the response Would there be any serious negative effects if I just didnt do anything about it? Honestly I like the red ;P
    Blooming (not a concern because of the plant's age), root growth, and vigor get impacted by low P. However, CPs are adapted to tolerate this type of deficiency much more than any other plants. So I'd say if you like it, leave it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast