What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Growing tip doesn't seem to be growing

Hey everyone as the title states the growing tip of my lowii x maxima doesn't seem to be growing and its leaves feel wilty or soft, like it hasn't put out a new leaf. Any ideas?

Did you just get the plant recently? Nepenthes can take months to adjust to a new environment.

No i recently repotted it, along with two other nepenthes but they are growing fine.

Repotting can also set plants back but what are your growing conditions? Temperatures, humidity, etc....

We're going to need a lot more information before we can help. What are your conditions ? Humidity, lighting, media, day/night temps, water quality and practices etc.....

Okay give me a day or more to get as much as i can.

The conditions are
60-90% humidity
Its June and the average night temps are around 12 degrees Celsius and average day temps are around 22.
It is hanging next to a large window, the light should be fine because the other nepenthes are growing great and the leaves are coloring up a little bit.
The media is a mix of orchid bark, LFS and perlite.
And i dont think the water is the problem, its tank water and the others don't seem to mind it.

It might be the sun is to powerful for it at the moment or did it just come out of a bag? Sometimes the leaves get soft and wilty due to acclamation. And some get to hot and dried out, do u mist? Could u possibly attach a picture? Thanks i hope it recovers

I do mist daily and it didn't just come out of a bag, I've had it for a while. Also I don't think its too much light because the leaves don't look pretty green, anyways here's the pictures. Thanks anyway.
IMGP0502_zpstugvkcfp.jpg

IMGP0503_zpsk5k7ypnv.jpg

IMGP0504_zpsanmmmfjx.jpg

Back