Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Black nepenthes

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was likely changed due to the fact that alba in the parentage would have resulted in distinctly light colored upper pitchers, but gracillima would result in speckling which the hybrid doesn't have. Uppers do, however, have the odd washed out look that ramispina uppers possess due to the blanched presence of pigment, and the right shape for that species as a parent.
    Everything has a reason, whether big or small. Never underestimate the power of what is or is not.
    There is far more to everything than meets the eye.
    Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So we're good? Settled? It's a Rebecca Soper?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All my Robbecca sopers are dark red not black.. But maybe that's light? Idk but the leaves look correct for the species

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pitchers tend to be very dark red to maroon/black (the latter only in rather strong light).
    And as for the plant this thread is about, it could be another ramispina x vent clone, but it's likely the Soper cultivar that's become so common.
    Everything has a reason, whether big or small. Never underestimate the power of what is or is not.
    There is far more to everything than meets the eye.
    Growlist

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree, chances are your friend got the plant at some garden center or the like, and the only CPs they ever have are common strains from TC...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the color of the pitchers i have 3 if them and 2 are starting to basal its an easy grower

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now lately, for 3 days, I have a problem with it: the new leaves grew curled on one part of the leaf. and a bit black on the edge of the leaf (again, only the left side of the leaf, on each of them). The plants still brings pitchers, so i'd say it's not extremely low humidity or light. Ideas? I'll come with pictures tomorrow

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do u grow in a window could be getting stunted from sun burns. Sometimes to high of humidity and not enough site movement causes some of my neps leaves tip curl and get a bit brownish on the leaf especially if it's wet for prolonged time

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast