Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Nepenthes seeds help?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sphagnum appreciates some air circulation, and the condensation on the plastic blocks out a lot of the light. Do you have some sort of enclosure to go with your lights? Even a small fish tank with those T5s would be a good place to grow it in provided you take measures to avoid having it overheat. I'm going to say that trying to grow Sphagnum (or anything, for that matter) in a bag long-term will not give you happy results.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shoot, I was going to but the pot with the seeds in a baggie since I'm going to school in a few days... I dont have a fish tank... well I do but it has fish in it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rareraven View Post
    Shoot, I was going to but the pot with the seeds in a baggie since I'm going to school in a few days...
    That should be fine actually, it's only an issue long-term, although the whole bag nonsense is unnecessary with a good terrarium (hint hint). Just keep that thing OUT of direct sunlight, and open it up sometimes to refresh the air (beware of mold, though). Putting the bag with seeds under your T5s would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Rareraven View Post
    I dont have a fish tank... well I do but it has fish in it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I'll be going home like every two weeks... so I hope its an okay system... like while I'm home I'll open the baggie to let in fresh air.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only time I've ever propagated nepenthes from seed was when I purchased some inermis seeds off ebay a few years ago. I used dead and live sphagnum along with perlite. Although the seeds took a few months to grow I had good results.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BTW if you do get seeds from whimgrinder I can highly recommend them! Some of my seedlings are surpassing 1" now!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by charlie View Post
    BTW if you do get seeds from whimgrinder I can highly recommend them! Some of my seedlings are surpassing 1" now!
    Clearly our friend Charlie has some serious horticulture skillz! Well done, sir!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123