What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Split plug with 2 "lady luck"?

Received a "lady luck" as a birthday present and saw that there are 2 plants in the plug. Should these be separated? Is it difficult?

Doesn't really matter. Don't know why you'd want to though! You'd set them both back while taking up twice that space that could otherwise be used for something else.

Received a "lady luck" as a birthday present and saw that there are 2 plants in the plug. Should these be separated? Is it difficult?

How do you know that these are two distinct plans and not simply a single plant that has developed to growing points? Attempting to pull them apart could simply killed both. Why bother?!

How do you know that these are two distinct plans and not simply a single plant that has developed to growing points? Attempting to pull them apart could simply killed both. Why bother?!

I believe that BE marketed these plugs with their Bio-domes with two plants to a plug when they first came out. This is a quote from one of their distributors: 'You will receive a 1" plug containing 2 N. "Lady Luck"...' All of the initial release photos also seem to indicate two plants to a plug. Recently however, it appears that they have switched to only putting one plant per plug.

Nevertheless, knowing the very stubborn nature of the coir that they use to pack their plugs and how crammed the plants tend to be, separating them right now will probably cause more issues than it's worth. I say leave them until it becomes a huge issue.

Thanks much then :) Next question, is a bigger pot better for them then?

I split mine the only issue you will really have is removing the plugs sheeth which the roots have grown intertwined through. I snipped and snipped and pulled away as much as i could leaving only a few pieces of tge plugs meterial still attached to some of the roots i couldn't remove from the fabric like sheeth of the plug itself. And they are doing fine :) but it is more of a headache then i wanted to deal with would have been easier to leave them be but my friend gave one to me and in order to keep one for myself they had to come apart lol!

Last edited:
Back