What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. dubia

chibae

An orchid fancier with a CP problem
I have a tiny N. dubia that I bought along with the two same size hamata and aristo about two years ago. One hamata has over tripled in size, the aristo is growing, albiet slowly and the second hamata is also growing very slowly. But the dubia is growing the slowest. It appears healthy and pitchers well, just hasn't grown.
Is it normally a slow grower or does it take temps so much cooler than aristo does?

thanks in advance
Chib

Let me guess - it's a TC clone from BE.

I'm curious about this as well. I have 2 seed grown plants that are about 4" tall x 4" wide. They're about 2 years old from seed.

nope this is a clone from AW. Lighting is T5 about 6" above plants, 12 degree temp drop and 85% humidity

What are your temps, day/night ?

The only thing that seems to motivate my dubia to grow would be the occasional coffee treatment. It's slower than my macrophylla

What are your temps, day/night ?
70/58....same as other HL's. I added it and the aristo to an order on a chance despite not having an UHL set up. Aristo is growing, albeit slowly, it's just the dubia that wants to act like a micro nep for me.

You should try and shoot for 75/50. A bit warmer during the day and a bit cooler at night. This clone may be exceptionally picky though, I don't grow it so I can't speak for it.

Thanks for the advice guys. A tear down and rework of that tank is scheduled during my recovery, once my balance improves, I will figure out how best to change the temps then as well.
On a side note, with multiple hungry, growing neps I don't mind a few tiny ones.

Back