User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Show Us Your Lowland Nepenthes Setup!

I Am the Terror Of the Night! NemJones's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Show Us Your Lowland Nepenthes Setup!

The other day I was working with my small 50 gallon terrarium that I use to house my small
    Lowland plants, however It got me wondering.. What do others use to grow these plants?

I know a few growers here have some truly massive plants, such as Nepenthes Rafflesiana
    And Nepenthes Bicalcarata and I have always been curious as to what they use to grow such plants in, Because small terrariums surely wont do the trick and keep these plants healty and happy.

So, what does your lowland nepenthes setup look like??
    Last edited by NemJones; 10-18-2015 at 09:38 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi NemJones, this is my setup. Lucky Reptile terrarium and the second one is 2 IKEA glass cabinets combined. I don't have any truly large neps at the moment though. The largest ones are Ampullaria end for awhile I had Hookeriana. The Bicalcarata x Ampullaria is not very big.

Looking for N. Campanulata hybrids. Also would like to grow some nepenthes from seed. Growlist/pic thread: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...-Pete-s-plants

I Am the Terror Of the Night! NemJones's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lookin good man! Half of your plants are still larger than the largest one I have.
    Hoping to see updates as they progress

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks great

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use a 20g low tank on a windowsill in the bathroom. Once the temps outside get below 70, I move them from the greenhouse to here. I have 3 Amps and a Bical that spent the summer on the front porch, then a month in the greenhouse. They will stay here till April, then in the greenhouse until May. I have a N. Raffelsiana that spent the entire winter in the greenhouse and thrived even with a 39 degree low!
    [IMG][/IMG]

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm currently using a 4' deep by 8' wide by 7' tall grow tent. It's on of the walk in ones, with reflective mylar covering its' entirety. Heat is supplied with a 1.5 kw space heater hooked up to a photosensitive thermostat- 87 degree days, 75 degree nights. At present humidity is maintained using a hot steam humidifier set on low. Lighting is still in progress- I'm using fluorescents now, but hope to snag some waterproof led strips soon. Will provide pictures when I get the chance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great set up guys.

pMatil, I really like yours, can I ask what kind of light you have illuminating that single hanging pot in the upper right hand corner ? and also whats growing in there?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's too bad I prefer highlanders because lowland setups are a piece of cake.

- waterproof enclosure
    - water reservoir below a platform the plants sit on
    - aquarium heater in the reservoir
    - sufficient lighting

Voila, you have a nice steamy lowland tank.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast