Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Grafting Nepenthes?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Grafting Nepenthes?

I by no means know anything about grafting. All I know one plant can be attached to another and they both grow.

Could a Nepenthes be grafted to another species, or even a completely different type of plant?\
    Could grafting a slow Nepenthes to a quick one speed growth?
    What are your thoughts?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Satanas View Post
    I by no means know anything about grafting. All I know one plant can be attached to another and they both grow.

Could a Nepenthes be grafted to another species, or even a completely different type of plant?\
    Could grafting a slow Nepenthes to a quick one speed growth?
    What are your thoughts?
    An old question. The answer is no, no, and no. Notice three answers. You forgot to ask whether Nepenthes can be grafted on to their own species, and I took the liberty of answering that too.
    Judge not lest ye be judged creates a cesspool. Judge others and prepare to be judged by them.
    Just know when to keep the verdict to yourself.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I saw young grafted plants in Japan, back in the nineties; though I never had a chance to see the pitchers . . .
    “Sì perché l'autorità dell'opinione di mille nelle scienze non val per una scintilla di ragione di un solo . . ."

-- Galileo "Biff" Galilei

Hello, I must be going... Not a Number's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Grand Hotel... always the same. People come, people go. Nothing ever happens.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very cool. I graft my own tomato plants; and regardless of what the haters say, the weak heirlooms DO do better on a hybrid rootstock. Zero disease, even when planted in a bed that had verticilium wilt in it.

I would be interested to see how many people would consider it an "abomination". There are a lot of people who think that grafted plants are evil.

I wonder how much growth would be affected. And something that would be really cool (as I did with my tomatoes) is to get a good rootstock, and graft multiple scions onto it. Franken-mato! It really is funny to see four different types of fruit coming from one tomato plant, let me tell you. Would be even better with Nepenthes, if such a thing were possible.
    Sarracenia Addicted... Lover of all toothed Nepenthes.
    The right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed. ~ The Second Amendment

Keep it that way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    id be curious to try this with a large ventricosa root stock with a small lowii rosette

Quote Originally Posted by katya_dog1 View Post

And something that would be really cool (as I did with my tomatoes) is to get a good rootstock, and graft multiple scions onto it. Franken-mato! It really is funny to see four different types of fruit coming from one tomato plant, let me tell you. Would be even better with Nepenthes, if such a thing were possible.

can you imagine a trinity of edwardsiana, macropylla and villosa all in one plant...whoa.
    Last edited by Flip_Side_the_Pint; 11-18-2015 at 08:24 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast