What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Here's the modest set up I put together for a batch of highland seeds- never tried Nep seeds before, but a windfall literally put some in my lap at the SF conservatory of flowers a few months ago (I contacted the head of the bacps to alert the grower :) the light is a cheap LED on a 16 hour cycle- my main question is how close should I put this type of light? Like, right on top of them..? The panel stays pretty cool, lights on all day barely feel warm. They're in my room, high 60s and low 70s daytime, low 60s nights. I mist them twice a day, with our tap water- under 50 ppm soluble salts if I remember correctly. The media is chopped lfs with orchid bark and some of the scrubby pine debris that comes in mosser lee's bags; I lined a shallow, well drained glazed bonsai pot with clean, sterile cotton gauze, and then baked the whole thing in the oven before sowing the seeds.

Here's the thing- I did all this the first week of November, and the place I was at then was literally a shack in someone's backyard. I'm wondering if they'll still be viable, just now going under direct lights? I've had them in the sunny windows where I grow all my cp's and orchids, here and at the old place, but east bay winter time temps dip into the mid 30s some nights. I'm pretty positive nothing in the garden window extension froze at all- I feel like the neps would have showed it. Are they inviable or probably just stunted? Any advice appreciated!

http://i.imgur.com/OqJhezEh.jpg

Back