What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. talangensis

Hi,

finally my N. talangensis did recover from the mite damage and the damage of the Akarizid (sp?) I did use to control this pest around last august. The first nice pitchers are formed and I thought I would share them. The plant is about 20cm in height and the pitcher shown is about 5cm big. It seems that there are different forms of N. talangensis in cultivation. Most do have a very deep red coloured peristome which this clone doesn't show.

N_talangensis_0303_B.jpg

N_talangensis_0303_A.jpg

Joachim

P.S.: Real men (i.e. Christian) do have far more impressive N. talangensis of course...

Thanks for the photos Joachim
now I can see why main N. talangensis is some kind of hybrid
N.talan.jpg

Arie

Wow!
wow.gif
Nice pics! I have a bad infestation of mites in my Lowland terrarium right now. I'm going out to get some pestiside tomorrow.

Nice Joachim. Does it stay that color? My N. talangensis opens pale but turns red after a couple weeks.

Tony

Hi,

Tony, yes the peristome colour of this clone stays green. My second plant does get a very deep red peristome in contrast to this one. I do have pictures of two of Christian's adult N. talangensis with one of them showing exact the same colouration. (I might post them, but I am not sure if I am allowed to - Christian?)

Arie, I do hope you already got the real thing by now! Without having seen different correct classified plants it is nearly impossible to recognize a plant being an hybrid.

Joachim

Joachim
sorry but I haven't got the real one yet
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif

hope one day someone would be kind and offer one
wink.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif

Arie

Super plants guys!
smile.gif
Very nice Joachim!

Arie, looks like your plant is N. ventricosa x N. talangensis to me. Still a lovely hybrid!
smile.gif

I love the coloration of your hybrid Arie, the contrast between the green and red is very attractive.

Andrew

Joachim ,I would be pleased if you would post my 2 pics ,because I can not do this by myself.I have grown these plants from seed for many years and think all on this list like them.

Chris

Arie,

like Dustin I think your plant is a hybrid, N. venticosa x talangensis is possible .My own plants of this crossing are very similar, but I can see also some difference.
The reason may be,that I have my own crossing and N.ventricosa is very variable ,and shows this also in its hybrids
If you want I can send a pic of my plant

Chris

Hi,

here are the two pictures of Christian's plants:

N_talangensis3.jpg

N_talangensis5.jpg

Joachim

Lovely photos guys, thanks for sharing them!!
smile.gif

Bjørn in Norway

Very nice plants Christian!
smile.gif
Thanks for posting those photos Joachim!

Man, you guys across the pond suck.
That's American for "Those are excellent looking plants and I wish I could grow them as well as you", lol.
Christian, are you growing them in live sphagnum, or is that a top-cover(if I may ask)?

Regards,

Joe

Joachim ,thank You for posting my photos.

Joe,no I do not cultivate any nepenthes in pure sphagnum.I use a mix of peat pieces,pine bark,charcoal,rockwool and some other variable things and it works great.
The 2 N.tal. have been in flower last spring and I managed to get true seed and some hybrids of them.

Chris

Back