What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Frozen bloodworm & daphnia for feeding?

I was breeding fruitflies for my CPs but my cultures developed mold when the humidity rose with the onset of late spring and early summer in Minnesota.
But while I was feeding my fish their usual fare of frozen insects and that got my cogs cranking:
Could I put a few defrosted bloodworms (midge larvae) and/or daphnia (water fleas)  into the open pitchers and feed em that way with an eyedropper? I would underfeed so as not to blacken the pitchers but has any of you tried this - what was your experience?  I keep my nepenthes in terrariums so unless I put bugs in there virtually none get in.

Thanks!

I have dehydrated bloodworms and crickets to supplement the plants during the winter. I figure a little cant hurt.

In an enclosed system like a terrarium I think it would be a good idea to supplement in some form on a regular basis. It has been my experience that regularly fed plants grow much stronger and faster. Perhaps some of the other terrarium growers can comment on what they do/dont do/ with their plants.
Tony

Back