Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nepenthes 'velvet'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can not seem to find a listing at the CP database of this hybrid and according to tropiflora.com's images on their sales page I have this hybrid and not "Mixta" as presumed. Does anyone know what plants the "Velvet" hybrid is made from?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sword, i did a seach on the web and i also looked at the name tag on my Velvet and it just say's velvet on it. it didn't give the parents of the plant name on the tag. i also got this plant from tropiflora which is only 20 mins. drive from me. i will call them tomorrow if you would like to find out this info.
    George McKay

In The End We are All Dead
    Florida

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine may or may not be from Tropiflora, do they sell plants with photo ID tags on them? Mine came with a tag which said "Nepenthes Coccinea" but I know it certainly is not a Coccinea as I already have several "Coccinea-related-hybrids" but only one is actually a real Coccinea.
    I was just looking at their site and they have two Neps listed as Mixta and Velvet. Going by the photos on their site mine is the one they have marked as Nepenthes Velvet cos it has thick rounded leaves with long yellow and red spotted bannana shaped pitchers. It looks like a hybrid between a Phalenopsis and Nepenthes! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif[/img]

Yes, if youre gonna call them anyway then I'd love to know if they know what plants are involved in this hybrid. I'm gonna take a guess and say either N. alata x N. maxima or N. alata x N. northiana.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sword, if i remember correctly the cocc. was the only one that had a picture i.d. tag on it. all the rest are the white tags that have type names of the plants. when i was there for there sale this yr. i bought one of each kind except for cocc. i already had one. when i checked the tags on them to tell ya the parents name of it there was none.they all had the parent plants labled on it except for velvet. i was dumb founded that it wasn't marked like the rest. so when i call and if they know. i will pass it on regardless
    George McKay

Florida

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The tag on mine said Coccinea and have a photo and the back of the tag had very basic growing instructions in three languages; German, English and Dutch if I remember correctly. But no mention of the species which make up Coccinea so maybe it's not from them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i didnt get the cocc. from them so mine doesn't have tags on them yet.
    George McKay

Florida

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation

Nepenthes x 'Velvet' is an Unknown hybrid that Doug Osman came across in Florida. He told me that it probably involves a cross with N fusca, but that's all that he knows.

Jœl
    http://homepage.mac.com/mindmaze128/...lood forum.jpg
    Joel Martínez
    San Juan, Puerto Rico, USA

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok from what i found out is that it is a hybrid from holland out of tissue culture from a place called corbak. the parents plants are unknown. that is all i have found out so far.
    George McKay

Florida

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast