Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Can you name this nep?

Admin- I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az. adnedarn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    i know the question has been asked. but i don't think pictures were ever posted. so come on all you nep people! ...name it. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img]

thanks alot!,
    -Andrew
    Owner of TerraForums, FlyTrapShop.com, and cpforums.org.
    Support FlyTrapShop, support TerraForums! www.flytrapshop.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it looks like a N. x Judith Finn
    but I could be wrong

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The leaves and their attachment to the stem resemble x Judith Finn but you won't know "for sure" until your pitchers get much larger and more adult shaped. Just about all juvenile Nepenthes pitchers look the same at that age/size as in your photos.

My suggestion for now would be to give it more light than what it looks to be getting now and make sure humidity stays high (if it does turn out to be a Judith Finn it will eventually prefer cooler temps than lowland). I do not know how much light you're giving it but from the looks of it the pitchers could be larger more colorful for you with more light. Also, be sure to feed the pitchers too as that will actually help "fuel" your plant, just don't overfeed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the same one (mine was from LPOH), and it is currently growing in my lowland tank. I am planning on moving it into an intermediate or highland set up as soon as I can get the right equipment. It's my only highland, and it's REALLY tollerant, so I've been procrastinating. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif[/img]
    17 Nash Rd.
    North Salem, NY 10560

YOU! Outta my gene pool!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The pictures vaguely remind me of my x mixta when I got it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm guessing Judith Finn based on my plant. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img]
    There's a tunnel at the end of the light...

Admin- I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az. adnedarn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    at first I was keeping it in a terra at room temp and adding a frozen bottle at night for nighttime drop. it hated that allot and died all the way back. I now keep it with my D. ordensis 'mulligans lagoon' which is a heated tank at approx 83 all the time. the tank it sits in has 3 fluorescent tubes over it. due to the height of the tank the lights are not as close to the plants as I would like... but, what can I do... when I bought it the pitchers were defiantly bigger. but after the near death and the fact that I have not feed it and maybe the light thing the pitchers are smaller. I guess I'll have to search around and find those feeding recommendations again.
    thanks!
    -Andrew
    Owner of TerraForums, FlyTrapShop.com, and cpforums.org.
    Support FlyTrapShop, support TerraForums! www.flytrapshop.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have that same Gublers's nep. I don't think its a pure Judith Finn. The leaves don't seem to have the same shape. Plus, the new leaf isn't red (all mine start off a beautiful red/burgundy and turns green when the leaf is fully grown).
    The pitchers have maxima-like spots, and look pretty nice. Gublers seems to sell many different nep hybrids, some are bland and some are gorgeous! I'll post pictures soon.
    larry
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/bigflytrap/
    Save a tree, legalize cannabis.
    Be enlightened

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast