...So I've had about 12 small tissue culture N. ampullaria x rafflesiana for approximately eight months now. *They've been under 80 watts of flourescents (about 5500K) in a partially sealed enclosure. *They've grown a little over the past eight months, but seem to pitcher perfectly fine. *The only thing, however, is that I obtained these plants when I knew VERY little about Nepenthes. *I potted them in a 50:50 peat/sand mixture. *Recently, I noticed that the soil in the little pots became quite firm over time, and I decided to change them to mostly LFS (cut into roughly one inch pieces) with a dash of peat, perlite, and coconut husk chips. *Check out the difference in the latest leaf produced while in the new soil mixture (as compared to the previous leaves).
I changed absolutely nothing except the soil mixture...everything else has stayed the same and these plants have never been fed or fertilized. *The pic was taken two days ago, and the leaf is even bigger now. *I just thought this was interesting.