What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. alata "boschiana mimic"

I recently stumbled accross a N. alata "boschiana mimic." It has made it's first pitcher here, and I though I'd take a pic because it's a pretty cool nep! True to form, this smaller, young pitcher has the characteristic bulbuous shape.

N.%20alata%20boschiana%20web.JPG

Capslock

Capslock,

Nice plant. This one gets a real bad rap because of this weird name it got tagged with, which nobody seems to know why. It obvioulsy looks nothing like N. boschiana. It is a really nice looking plant and I, for one, like the bulbous bottoms.

Regards,

Joe

Frankly I think it's better looking than the actual N. boschiana. However, being a lowly "alata", I guess it's not as glamorous. Personally, I think having rare and unusual plants is fun (obviously&#33
wink.gif
, but I'll take a good looking, vigorous, easy-to-grow "common" nepenthes any time!

Capslock

Hi all:

Has anybody seen N. eustachya??. It looks like it too!!

Gus

Well then, which one is it??

N. alata
N. boschiana or
N. eustachya??

maybe we should start placing bets
biggrin.gif

Gus

LOL! Oops! That's the eustachya! Which my "boschiana mimic" looks more like than the actual boschiana.

Capslock

I have one, only, ventrata pitcher that I could photograph just to really mess things up. Don't know why it kicks out a fat one occasionally. I'm pretty sure it is to confuse me, personally.
alien.gif

The lid, peristome, and the, eh, "ruffles" do look different, I should note.

Back