What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Philitraper2's uknown nepenthes!

Phillip recently purchased an unknown nepenthes at a local garden store, here is the pic, do YOU know what it is?
smile.gif
biggrin.gif

Plant2nep.jpg

The closest I got is a N. Ventrata x ? not a truncata. Huh I wonder what my nep is?
wink.gif

I can't tell from the picture, but it does look like it could be N. x ventrata or something similar

The leafs and the old babe pitchers look like the ones on an N. Ventrata it is a lowland. V leafs curl up at the growing point.

I really don't think its a ventrata. It doesn't look anything like it. Neighther a truncata.

No not truncata, not a Judoth Finn, It is a hybrid that is what my research gets me. I don't know but it is nice with good color pitchers if in good lighting, you can see the pitchers in the pic have same color and same spots just like a ventrta would have if you search in google. It could be a Alata spotted?
wink.gif
wink.gif
tounge.gif

Looks like a hybrid involving N. Alata. But it's not N x 'Ventrata'. Hmmmmm.....

Yeah I agree it is a N. Alata spotted red x ? But what could ? be?
wink.gif
confused.gif
smile.gif

hmmmmm... An n. adnata maybe?
confused.gif

You cannot tell anything from the photo. You would need a pitcher picture and a plant picture to be more specific and helpful. You might want to wait till it gets bigger also..most hybrids are not distinguishable at this size.

I highly agree with Nep G,but my guess would be a N. Ventrata, hands down from this point of view,
Kevin

Okay I will try to post a pic of the pitcher and the top of the plant ASAP. Keep guessing I can't wait to what nep this is.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Okay I will try to post a pic of the pitcher and the top of the plant ASAP. Keep guessing I can't wait to what nep this is.
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

P.S. I should have made this into a contest.  
smile.gif

Whatever it is, it is very nice looking!
biggrin.gif

I found out wha the plant is today. It is a N. x pecock
biggrin.gif

Just out of curiosity.. how did you come up with that?
T

I went to Cook's Web-site. I went to pics to look at what some of my np's wil look like in the future. So I checked out all the nps and the go to Nepenthes hybrids
x Dwarf Peacock and see that the picture of the plant (pitchers, leafs, everything looks the same). Plus the Garden shop I bougt it from said it is a hybrid but the don't known wat it is. So I am 98% ositive it is a N. X Dwarf peacock. Was it a good deal I got the plant for 10 bucks from the garden shop.
biggrin.gif

I wouldn't jump to that conclusion so soon Phil. It is still very young and I wouldn't put a definate label on it until it gets bigger and you can better verify the ID of it.

I was thinking that the Dwarf Peacock was a Bruce Lee Bednar Hybrid, and if that's the case, I don't think it would be floating around like that. I am assuming this is a TC plant.

Regards,

Joe

I looked at the pic from Cook's and I can see why you came to that decision. It does kind of look like it, lol, but your plant seems to be clumping like a TC plant.

Joe

Back