Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pitcher Fluid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy

Hi, I have a question about the Nepenthes pichter fluid.

My current problem is, that my plants are growing nice and very fast, but the pitchers have very few fluid in it. Only the bottom is covered with a very thick fluid (when the pitcher has just opened).

The plants are:

two not IDable hybrids, truncata x ventricosa, x ventrata, rafflesiana alba x ampullaria.

all lowlanders which are have a temprature around 25 - 35 C the whole day and always above 80% humity.

Any tips?

EDIT: sorry the "fluit" was buggin me so I changed it to fluid [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what i do is i take a eye dropper and get a cup of distileld water and fill up the eye droper then you sqeeze the end into the pitcher top and sicne its nice and small it goes in, for big pitchers i use the cup to fill it up, you want to fill it up with distileld water to about HALF the pitcher size, and then in a week or 2 it takes the water and makes it into the toxins that digests the fly, this happens in the wild with rain entering the pitcher, but only fill up to half way with distilled water

hope this helps

-stefano
    Expression = Maneuverability x Coiffure squared

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its been a long time since you last posted......... I was kind of wondering where you were....... [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/confused.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i was on vacation, sorry i didnt say anyhting, heh, im back now and thanks tristan for wondering, makes me feel at home here

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How often do you water your plants? maybe they are not getting enough water from the media to maintain their pitcher levels?

can you describe your setup to us again?

thanks...
    \"Maybe in order to understand mankind, we have to look at the word itself: \"Mankind\". Basically, it\'s made up of two separate words - \"mank\" and \"ind\". What do these words mean ? It\'s a mystery, and that\'s why so is mankind.\" ~ Jack Handey

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, I was just wondering if you should also add distilled water to sarracenia, because I will receive one soon in the mail, and I'd assume the pitchers are empty.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The temprature is about 25 - 35 C over a day with a humity about 80%. The soil is average wet, but since the plants are growing well, I guess this is not the problem (as I know, most Neps dont like wet feet).

@BuMbOiMk

only to a purpurea or hybrids where the lid is open. If the plants protects itself against rain, dont insert water.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes, they have a lid to not get filled with water all the way, BUT you can still fill the pitcher with distilled water about half way up the pitcher and they will take the water and make it into there toxin to digests the insects, you can also do this with sarracenia

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast