User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nepenthes clipeata not doing too good...

Hermann Wistuba
    Hello
    first: this is not a true N. clipeata, perhaps a hybride.
    second: I mean this plant has a massive attack of botriyis.

Hermann

Hermann Wistuba
    In my former post I meant: attack of Bortrytis.

Hermann

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forums Hermann!

Yes it appears to be the Clip-1 clone. Which I think we have decided now fairly certainly is N. clipeata x (clipeata x eymae). There is an old thread around here that had quite the lively discussion on it.

Tony
    Is that a Nepenthes in your pocket or you just happy to see me?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/wow.gif[/img] Oh dear! Looks to me like chemical burn as well as fungal disease. What did you treat it with? I wouldn't keep it in the same area as any other plants if I were you!
    Rob Cantley
    Nep Nut in Sri Lanka
    http://www.borneoexotics.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Huh,

looks horrible. In addition to the points already mentioned above I believe the plant is very low on water. Being quite new it might be the roots were badly damaged when you got it. It isn't a cutting, isn't it? Another reason could also be the plant got slightly frozen in mail or during transporting it.

Do you know its former growth conditions?

Good luck!

Joachim

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was wondering the same things as Joachim, hence my question on how long you have had it. Did the brown areas develop shortly after arriving? It also appears to be flaccid from lack of water but I can see the potting mix appears moist. Which leads me to believe there is a problem with the roots. Either they have died off from disease or mishandling. If it did arrive bareroot and that damage is caused by cold freezing temperatures instead of fungus the roots could have been equally damaged.

My question is this. Did the brown areas start out small and slowly progress to this stage now or did they all appear suddenly and to the extent we see now?

Tony
    Is that a Nepenthes in your pocket or you just happy to see me?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a plant look like this for a year. It was a N. 'Cornelias Bak" from Clyde Bramblett(It's a nice hybrid with maybe maxima in it: that's about all I can say). It was quite top heavy and maybe it did suffer root damage, as I got it origianally to show off for my daughter's science fair project(I wanted a Nepenthes bigger than what I had). So beside getting potted up(and wobbling quite bad), it got dragged to a display at school. I thought maybe the brown was from lack of air movement from being in a 10 gallon aquarium, which it did fit in(barely), but root damage was not one I had thought of.
    Is there a way of keeping a plant steady like that(assuming you don't plant to drive it around) while it's roots adjust? I packed LF mossaround the base of the vine as much as I could without pressing hard on the soil, but that was not enough. Perhaps stake it?

Regards,

Joe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote (Tony Paroubek @ Mar. 11 2003,05:52)
    I was wondering the same things as Joachim, hence my question on how long you have had it. Did the brown areas develop shortly after arriving? It also appears to be flaccid from lack of water but I can see the potting mix appears moist. Which leads me to believe there is a problem with the roots. Either they have died off from disease or mishandling. If it did arrive bareroot and that damage is caused by cold freezing temperatures instead of fungus the roots could have been equally damaged.

My question is this. Did the brown areas start out small and slowly progress to this stage now or did they all appear suddenly and to the extent we see now?

Tony[/QUOTE]
    yes, the brown spots appeared about 2-3 days after arrival. it started small, and it seemes like overnight it came to the extent seen now... I think it took 1 1/2 days for them to appear. it came bareroot, and i potted it in a rocky medium, a peat/pinch of sand/pumice/lava rock/orchid bark/a little charchol mix...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12