Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Big nepenthes bicalcarata for sale

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow

Can you just hang it inthe shower place? That is a great plant I sure would like toadd something like that to my collection. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]
    What is the Propability of the Propability?
    If someone is addictied to therapy how will you treat them?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't know this species could be so beautiful [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img] . When (time/hour) and where do you plan to have the auction?
    Trinity NIghts is Nethaniel, (which you all know by now right?) He is banned.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    trinity-nights,
    the auction is only a suggestion i made. not Josh. anyway it would be up to Josh what he wants to do with the plant and still if an auction was to be held it has to be approved by Rampup or Phil.
    George McKay

In The End We are All Dead
    Florida

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oh, he he, there's no room in there... I should have mentioned that I took 90% of the plants out of the tank to take that "overall" photo so people can see what they're buying. Normally also on the bench (but not in the photo) are: 2 unknown orchid pseudobulbs which have sprouted, a large phal, three large caladium hybrids and one tiny species (C. humboldtii), several bulbophyllums mounted on logs, an alocasia longiloba lowii, an unknown maxima hybrid which refuses to pitcher for well over 2 years now no matter the environment I keep it in, a N. truncata, and an Encyclia orchid.

No, another showerstall is not an option! I was nearly killed for hauling one home! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif[/img]

Another thing I don't know is how exactly I can ship it... the box will be at least a 36" cube but weighing only about 10 lbs. I don't know who can deliver such a package nor how much it would cost to ship it?? Is anyone familiar with mailing big lightweight boxes?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your going to have an awful time trying to ship it in a box that size. When your talking about a large lightweight package, weight no longer becomes the determining factor for shipping cost. I ran some numbers through UPS, USPS, fedex rate calculators using a box 24 x 24 x 24 at 10lbs travelling from NY to IN. Couple things... USPS would only use parcel post so that is most likely out. Both UPS and FedEx came in around $66-70 for 3 day delivery
    Is that a Nepenthes in your pocket or you just happy to see me?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmmm. I shipped a box of gifts to my niece a couple of weeks ago that was 36" x 18" x 12" and it was $7.40 priority(I thought it would be much more because of the weight). I don't know if that is comparable to 24" cubed.
    I am not surprised that size is starting to come into play, as that would seem to make a difference on how many packages would fit on a plane. Obviously only so much weight can go on a plane, too.

Regards,

Joe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got a box last summer full of Nepenthes. It weight about 7 lb and was 4.5' x 2.5' x 2.5'. It was shipped USPS. Shipping was about $15.00.

Jeremiah

BTW the box that I got was actually two boxes taped together.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep it's basically about size because of airplane volume. The difference is nearly twice the volume between 24x24x24 and your package. When packages hit a certain size they also get charged extra for being 'oversized'. For UPS its 84" -108" = oversized 1, 108" - 130" = oversized 2, length+girth.

A 24x24x24 box = 120"
    A 36x18x12 box = 96"

With USPS maximum size is 108" anything between that and 130" must go by parcel post

There are also other alternatives. You can ship packages via greyhound bus or airfreight. The savings might offset the hassle though of getting the package to the bus terminal or airport and arranging for the person to pick it up on their end as well.

Best bet would be to keep it under the 108" maximum and ship priority mail. For example the 24x24x24 package would cost $54 parcel post but if you went with a 18x18x36 package (108" exactly) it would cost $16.20 if it weighed 10lbs.
    Is that a Nepenthes in your pocket or you just happy to see me?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast