Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Big nepenthes bicalcarata for sale

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't say I was going to buy it. Just thinking abot it. I mightbe able to make the room for it if I do.
    Trinity NIghts is Nethaniel, (which you all know by now right?) He is banned.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow

swords, I'd make the lowest bid 150 dollars, i bet you could get at least 500 for it at the end, a much as them 3 inch bicals go for, sometimes at the end they get 30 bucks for them...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll post it soon I'm just working on how to package it up before I post it on Ebay for sale. My local PO said just what Tony did, 108" total dimensions. And maximum up to 126" with a "large surcharge". I just wanna make sure someone gets the plant in good shape and not hastilly crammed in a box.

Any idea where you buy those packing peanuts? I know where to get bubble wrap for insulation but I've never seen just a big sack of styrofoam peanuts for sale. I think tose would be the best way to keep the plant "tight" in the box.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree styrofoam peanuts are deffinately the best for insulation and securing the plant and keeping damage minimized. You can get them at staples/officemax/mailboxes etc. Unfortunately they are not that cheap ;/ Might call up a bunch of friends and see if anyone has any.. I am always scrounging up packing peanuts LOL.

T
    Is that a Nepenthes in your pocket or you just happy to see me?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow

I am getting a bigger grow chamber it is going to 6 ft and 3ft wide. I just want to see the price I am getting the bigger chamber later if I do buy the plant. I probably will bid ones. But I know I won't win! I am going to start with a smaller plant and then if the plant is easy to grow I am going to way harder stuff. I need something hard for the summar. Like for later July any recommendations?
    What is the Propability of the Propability?
    If someone is addictied to therapy how will you treat them?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Packing peanuts are at any mail store place, ie "Mailbox ,Ect"
    The UPS Store, even U-Haul.

Regards,

Joe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They even have lots of ads on eBAy for packing peanuts at wholesale cost, lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Office max? Cool I was gonna go there today and look for a big shipping carton anyway!

Phil, my shower stall is 5 feet long by 3 feet deep, it's the depth dimensions that I am getting rid of the plant because of. 3 ft seems big but it isn't enough. On other plants I've noticed that leaves and pitchers sitting against walls have a tendency to deform so it needs a space that will hold it's max dimensions. If you haven't built your chamber yet build it to be at least 6 ft x 6ft x 6ft and you won't have to get rid of your prize plant in a year or two like me. It sucks to have to get rid of your favorite plant cos it's too big, especially when you know it's only halfway to maturity!

I tried to donate mine to the St. Paul Botanical Gardens conservatory (along with a promise to stop in once a week to tend to it) but after a 2 week silence their committee eventually decided that "Asian plants are not our focus, depite the attraction appeal" or something like that.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast