Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Big nepenthes bicalcarata for sale

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't say I was going to buy it. Just thinking abot it. I mightbe able to make the room for it if I do.
    Trinity NIghts is Nethaniel, (which you all know by now right?) He is banned.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow

swords, I'd make the lowest bid 150 dollars, i bet you could get at least 500 for it at the end, a much as them 3 inch bicals go for, sometimes at the end they get 30 bucks for them... [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/wow.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll post it soon I'm just working on how to package it up before I post it on Ebay for sale. My local PO said just what Tony did, 108" total dimensions. And maximum up to 126" with a "large surcharge". I just wanna make sure someone gets the plant in good shape and not hastilly crammed in a box.

Any idea where you buy those packing peanuts? I know where to get bubble wrap for insulation but I've never seen just a big sack of styrofoam peanuts for sale. I think tose would be the best way to keep the plant "tight" in the box.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree styrofoam peanuts are deffinately the best for insulation and securing the plant and keeping damage minimized. You can get them at staples/officemax/mailboxes etc. Unfortunately they are not that cheap ;/ Might call up a bunch of friends and see if anyone has any.. I am always scrounging up packing peanuts LOL.

T
    Is that a Nepenthes in your pocket or you just happy to see me?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow

I am getting a bigger grow chamber it is going to 6 ft and 3ft wide. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img] I just want to see the price I am getting the bigger chamber later if I do buy the plant. I probably will bid ones. But I know I won't win! I am going to start with a smaller plant and then if the plant is easy to grow I am going to way harder stuff. I need something hard for the summar. Like for later July any recommendations? [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]
    What is the Propability of the Propability?
    If someone is addictied to therapy how will you treat them?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Packing peanuts are at any mail store place, ie "Mailbox ,Ect"
    The UPS Store, even U-Haul.

Regards,

Joe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They even have lots of ads on eBAy for packing peanuts at wholesale cost, lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Office max? Cool I was gonna go there today and look for a big shipping carton anyway! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img]

Phil, my shower stall is 5 feet long by 3 feet deep, it's the depth dimensions that I am getting rid of the plant because of. 3 ft seems big but it isn't enough. On other plants I've noticed that leaves and pitchers sitting against walls have a tendency to deform so it needs a space that will hold it's max dimensions. If you haven't built your chamber yet build it to be at least 6 ft x 6ft x 6ft and you won't have to get rid of your prize plant in a year or two like me. It sucks to have to get rid of your favorite plant cos it's too big, especially when you know it's only halfway to maturity!

I tried to donate mine to the St. Paul Botanical Gardens conservatory (along with a promise to stop in once a week to tend to it) but after a 2 week silence their committee eventually decided that "Asian plants are not our focus, depite the attraction appeal" or something like that.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast