What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faucet vs reverse osmosis feed line

I've got the reverse osmosis unit processing a few buckets of water but there is a slim bead of water at the connection of the sink and the R/O feed line adapter which is causing me a bit of anxiety. it's not spurting out, the connection is tight but it still causes water to run down the faucet "head" (?) and drip beneath the sink. I have it attached as tight as possible with a pliers.
Is anyone else running an R/O off their faucet who's already conquered this problem?

swords, get yourself a role of plumbers tape/teflon tape, its only about a dollar a role and it's designed for just that.

joe

I used to run my RO system off the kitchen sink.. it was a royal pain in the (you know what) to get a leak free connection. The teflon tape did seem to help at the time.
Tony

I will get a roll of that then (I think you guys are talkin about the white & blue tape that comes in a canister?) and also a quick disconnect hose part to pop the R/O feed line on & off easier cos I don't wanna have to have the tape and pliers handy all the time to let me go from doing dishes to making water and vice versa.

I've got the quick disconnect and the tape and now it works 99% still got a tiny bit of a trickle but I'll bet I know what's causing it-studying the step up adapter the guy sold me I see it has a small nub under the 3/4" threads so you can thread a slightly smaller size 15/16ths hose as well as this size. I believe that small protruding thread is likely what's causing the incomplete seal so still I need another adapter (the single ended one) but I'm making between 2 & 3 gallons per hour and only have a slight drip now which is going straight into the sink drain and not running down the faucet head. whew!

Thanks for all your tips with this!
smile.gif

Back