What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bicalcarata

I saw a pic (I think by Dyflam) of a Bical that had very nice red pitchers. How do he do that? Mine is a very pretty "Snow Pea" green. Any suggestions on how to get some color in this thing? I grow mine outdoors in complete shade but it gets a constant breeze blowing on it. Here in FL the humidity has to be right but I wonder if it is not getting enough sun and too much of a breeze.
confused.gif

There are several forms of bical. Some have more reddish in them than others. Some are more orange and some retain green throughout. Certain coloring may be increased with more sun, but depending on which particular plant of bicalcarata you have will be the main factor in its coloration. Enjoy.

Kim

Mine is on top of a dog house under some large pine trees so it's shady through most of the hot part of the day. It gets a little sun in the morning and late afternoon.
smile.gif

Oh great.  Now I got to buy a dog...build him a house...and plant a pine tree, all to get some color in my Bical.  This new hobby of mine is causing me a lot of work and costing me a lot of money.  Hehehe.
Anyway, thanks for the info Kim & Dyflam.  The plant looks very healthy and has sprouted two new pitchers in the last two weeks.  I think I will leave it where it is...however, I always wanted a Doberman...
biggrin.gif

Back