Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Awwwwww mannnnnn!

Far too old to grow up now. Kate's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FTG, at this my guess would also be that there wasn't enough drainage. However, I have a question. Did moss come in the "pot" with it? And if so did you leave it there?

I have gotten several plants in those containers and everyone of them came with decorative green moss that they were trying to pass off as spagnum.
    I typo, therefore I edit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb

why kind of Nep was it? I don't know a ton about the group in general, just the type I have which is a ventricosa. They are common so if thats what you had, it probubly had to much light and water. They don't really like heavy misting like some Neps. and whats really odd, it they get burn (black leaves) easy too. I keep mine in a high humidity, room temp terrarium with indirect light and it stays happy, but because of their unusual nature(being somewere between high and low land) they can do okay without high humidity and just a light mist every few days. The soil should be just damp, but I've found the indirect light to be the most importent factor to avoid damage. Good luck with the, erm, stump.
    There is no item greater in value than life, for without life value would cease to exist.
    My Grow List

apple rings.. what more can i say? FlytrapGurl's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote (Maehem @ Feb. 14 2003,6:22)
    FTG, at this my guess would also be that there wasn't enough drainage. However, I have a question. Did moss come in the "pot" with it? And if so did you leave it there?

I have gotten several plants in those containers and everyone of them came with decorative green moss that they were trying to pass off as spagnum.[/QUOTE]
    Actually, I put five small holes in the bottom of it, so I doubt that would be the case.

Yes, it did come with moss in it. I think it was sphagnum, since it was long and viny, not ground in one inch type pieces that ornamental moss is usually cut in.
    Liquid Plummer
    Warning: Do not reuse the bottle to store beverages.

apple rings.. what more can i say? FlytrapGurl's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote (Darcie @ Feb. 14 2003,6:49)
    why kind of Nep was it? I don't know a ton about the group in general, just the type I have which is a ventricosa. They are common so if thats what you had, it probubly had to much light and water. They don't really like heavy misting like some Neps. and whats really odd, it they get burn (black leaves) easy too. I keep mine in a high humidity, room temp terrarium with indirect light and it stays happy, but because of their unusual nature(being somewere between high and low land) they can do okay without high humidity and just a light mist every few days. The soil should be just damp, but I've found the indirect light to be the most importent factor to avoid damage. Good luck with the, erm, stump.[/QUOTE]
    I think it's a ventricosa, but I really don't know, since it was only a couple inches tall and four inches wide when I got it(and it didn't get any bigger before it browned and died).
    Liquid Plummer
    Warning: Do not reuse the bottle to store beverages.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12