Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nepenthes Growth Photos

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I took my plants to the computer to read these e-mails to them, I think my N. Alata got mad that he didn't get any compliments. So I guess he's trying to be beautiful too. He's starting 2 new growth points at the top of the plant (maybe 3, a dormant bud on the leaf the below the 2 is getting larger, not sure if it's gonna sprout). Plus another new growth at the base of the plant again with the other 3 that were in the photo. So that'll make a total 6 new growing points this year!!! (7 if the other one decides to see the light of day or umm... light of the flourescent tubes! lol [img]http://www.**********.com/iBhtml/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img])

WOOHOO!!! I'll post a photo when they get larger.
    Joe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All of the plants look great but I'm wondering about how tall the pitchers are on the ventricosa (in inches).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The current ones are not so big, just 2". It had 3" but during my move (like I said before) they were in low humidity with lower light which caused everything to shrink [img]http://www.**********.com/iBhtml/non-cgi/emoticons/sad.gif[/img]. The babies are getting 1.5" pitchers now, almost the size of momma/daddy! The kids are also growing more than 2x the speed of the there parent.

This Ventricosa is the 'red' form. You can tell it needed more light because the pitchers aren't red!

BTW, I have decided to name the plants. The Alata is Al if its a guy or Alley if it's a girl. As for Ventricosa, it will be Veno for a guy and Vena for a girl. Very original huh?

(Edited by Statik2426 at 1[img]http://www.**********.com/iBhtml/non-cgi/emoticons/wow.gif[/img]4 pm on April 19, 2002)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12