Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: clipeata

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I REALLY want a clipeata but no one seems to have it. I have contacted Andreas and he's fresh out. Malaysiana Tropicals - no go.

Anyone have any idea?
    Price is no object.

Cheers, fatboy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Think your going to have to just hang in there.. Only one I know that has them is Andreas. I have had 30 of them on order with him for the past 6 months ....

On a side note I am in the process of figuring out all the red tape to export out of the US. Hopefully by the end of the year I will have all the licenses etc and be able to ship international.

Tony

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Tony

30!!!!!
    That's why no one's got any!

Yeah I asked Andreas a few months ago and he said none even looking likely. I guess it's hard to get seed as there's very little left. Such a shame as it's such a cool plant.

From your comments re exporting from the US I assume you already have a few plants?
    How bout I fly over there and pick them up?
    Just kidding but PLEASE let me know as soon as you have some available and can send them.

Cheers, fatboy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unfortunately I don't have any spare plants... I bought One a little while back when I was growing them as a hobby. I am looking into possible other sources. I also have sent out a letter to Andreas as many species I ordered did not come in with the last shipment and many that did were in much less numbers than I was hoping for. I have not received an update either on when those left out of the last shipment might be arriving.. that includes the clipeata. So we will have to see....

Tony

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tony I have had an idea, and that is that there may be a few Japanese collectors have clipeata.
    I have it on pretty good authority that a couple of groups of Japanese collectors went to Gunung Kelam about 10 years ago and got a whole lot, in fact it sounded to me like they were at least partially responsible for the rarity of the plant in it's native habitat. Their CP society is quite closed though and they tend to be secretive about what they have. I have had some communication with a few groups that have done trips to Sumatra.

My wife is Japanese and I can read and write enough to do a search on the net. If anything turns up I'll email them and ask about plants for sale. I want one or two myself and I'll let you know if I can locate any more.

Cheers, Troy Davis (aka fatboy).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if anyone ever get's a hold of any... let me know...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Troy,

Sounds interesting. I talked to a couple people already and found out.. 1. There isn't any clipeata in Australia, at least available for sale... 2. Malesiana Tropicals had a bunch but they all turned out to be hybrid.. Not sure if they have a new batch that is pure yet.

I am still waiting for another possible source here in the US to get back to me, and one overseas. I am also waiting to see if Andreas has some set aside since I ordered them back in the beginning of March or if he is just plain out.

If anyone has any luck locating fresh seed, I have the facilities to handle it in vitro...

I am also fiddling around with trying to get tissue into culture. Once I get all the rest of the hatches battened down and the snow really starts flying I will get back to working on culture info on the website and putzing around in the lab with TC.

Tony

If you want to put on a list to be notified when I have some available drop me an email or post here. I will need a name and email address for the list.
    support@exoticplantsplus.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tony, Ram

I emailed a couple of people in Japan so I'll see if anything turns up.
    As another alternative, any info on there being plants left on Kelam at all?
    I can, and have considered, going there (flights are pretty cheap from here - it's all domestic) and trying to collect some seed. I'd send it all to you Tony if I could get some. You would get a better success rate than me without lab facilities.

Troy.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast