What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First time from seed

• Thread starter GEORGE-CP
  • Start date
"...pyro could you post a pic of that single seeds you have germinated so i know what to look for..."

"...Anyone know where I might find a photo of a young seedling?..."

don't you trust my picture ?

I think alot of people missed it Martin as it was a link instead of a picture post  
sad.gif

Here is Martins picture.  Exactly what Nepenthes seedling look like.. 2 flat slightly pointed oval cotyledons.  You can see that even the very first true leaf has the beginnings of a pitcher on it.

Nep_saemling01.jpg

Tony thanks now i saw it. does all seedlings look like that or does each breed look diff.

They all look that way to my knowledge.. Once they make a few mature leaves you can often see slight differences in leaf shape and sometimes pitcher shape. So you might be able to tell two different plants apart but might not necessarily tell what they are as most don't begin to show mature characteristics until they are a few inches across.

Tony

Thanks for the great picture of what a Nepenthes seedling looks like.

Nick

Here are some of my older seedlings.. N. burbidgea
Nburbidgea.jpg

Nburbidgeapitcher.jpg

wow kool purpledew. how many did you get to germinate

Ok, I am finally happy again. I do have some nepenthes seeds sprouting. I just noticed them today. The are positively coming from the seed.

nick, good for u cause i just checked min today and still nothing

Well i just some N. Ampullaria & N. Eugstachya seeds in the mail today. hopefully the 2 will germinate this time.

Here is a photo of one of my Nepenthes seedlings. They were planted on top of chopped long fiber sphagnum on a peat/perlite base mixture. More of the peat mix shows in the photo below as I dropped the pot on the floor and everything got mixed up. Luckely, the seeds still sprouted.

NepenthesSeedlingsStages.jpg

You can see more photos at: http://hubben.crosswinds.net/cps/NepenthesSeedlings.html

Good for you
smile.gif
. Hopefuly the seed I get from my plants will germinate that well.

Back