Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: not pitchering

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i bough my pitcher plant from gubler for a long time and it haven't produce any average size pitcher yet. The leaf is about 4" long and the pitcher is not even an 1". The biggest pitcher is about 2 cm and it do not have any liquid in it. Can any body give a tip to help my plant pitcher?? Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forums. First off where is it grown? I'm assuming that it's not getting enough humidity since you don't even have any liquid in the pitchers, it's maybe evaporated. But not sure unless we could have some info on how and where it is grown.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a Gubler's nep, and so does Cephalotus88 (i think thats the number after his name), JOIN THE CLUB! Hehehe...

Mine only had a single ugly little 2cm pitcher when i bought it... Are they round bottom with a skinny neck, and the lid is hardly off? Well, my newest pitcher wich isnt open yet, but is already outgrowing the otherone looks different, so dont fret...

Mine started out like yours, maybe worse, but now its growing a new leaf (opend up, and flat) every 3-4 weeks, and they are alwayts long than the last, no kidding!

All I do for mine is fill the bottom of an aquarium up with water, tap is fine... make a little stand in there for your plant so that the water isnt even close (just not touching) the water... Place the plant on top of this stand, and close the lid. Place it in a sunny window, and behold, you should see results in however long it takes a new leaf to open. I dont think that any of the tendrils you have now will pitcher, as i have one left, but i'm not giving up, it might... Water it like this: first, water it over a sink, pur water through, and wait for it to stop dripping. Put it into the terrarium you made, and just water it when it looks thirsty, but never let it sit in ANY amount of water... In this humid environment i only ever water mine about one every two weeks, tho it changes just kuz sometimes i feel like watering it... Just do it when you think it needs it, but remember, wet, not waterlogged!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, it was grown in a pot not in a aquarium. I put it on top of my computer where there is a light because i like to look at it when i do my work. Last time it have a leaf with a tendrils and put it the sun for two hours everyday and it stop at the where it is not open(verey tiny).
    One more thing, do any of the member know the name of the nepenthese?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, for one thing, I really think that it should stay in the tank... I've had mine for about two monthes, and about four leaves have opened... i say leave it in there... You say it was a gublers. Did it have that card in the back of the pot that had instructions on it? Well, if its called "Nepenthes hybrid" then NOONE knows what species it is... Its a mix of alot of stuff i think... even te owner of the companay doest know...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hitenryu, your problem is no doubt humidity. Until you get a tank you can put the pot in a plastic bag until it gets larger.

"Well, if its called "Nepenthes hybrid" then NOONE knows what species it is..."

It's not a species it's an unknown hybrid! But you never know, maybe it's a new species yet to be identified! [img]http://www.**********.com/iBhtml/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img]

"tap is fine... "
    MOST PEOPLE's TAP WATER IS NOT FINE! Use distilled water for now. I rarely ever find anyone who uses tap on there plants. I'd recommend not to risk for now. Find out some info on your water if you really want to use it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, what a good name for it, huh. I alway use distill water for it and it is alway most.

is there any other way to make it pitcher in a pot??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    three main reasons for Nepenthes growt without pitchers
    1.humidity- low humidity and your plants would had any or only few very small ones.
    2.light- if it stand in a place with low light conditions no pitchers.
    3.fertilize- there are many species that wouldn't grow pitchers when you use fertilize on them.
    arie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast