What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. Gracilis

schloaty

Staff member
Hi guys,
About a week or two ago I got a new N. Gracilis....Now all the pitchers are withering!
Is this normal, or am I doing something wrong? The actaul plant looks nice and green, no wilting or anything....
confused.gif
confused.gif

Sounds like it is used to a more humid environment. It is very common for the plant to lose pitchers while it acclimates to your growing environment. Especially true if the plant was sent bareroot and needs to establish it's root system as well. As long as the leaves are healthy and not curling/rolling/wilting/shriveling then it should be fine and the pitchers it forms in your care will be more adapted to your growing environment. Just keep an eye on the young emerging leaves as these are the first to show moisture stress by going soft and limp
Tony

If the plant wilts then the soil temp probably is very high and moisture level extremly low. This happened to my Gracilis, but I repotted it and it is fine now. They are pretty much bomb proof so don't freak out.
smile.gif

Back