What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Favorite nep

NO! Not that fast! I would move it to partly shaded conditions. I have mine 1 ft 6 inches (45cm) away from a 4 ft flurescent fixture and there is a large pitche begining to form, so in my opinion your plant sounds a little light starved.

ok, but see the thing is, i can put it in partly shade but then the sun moves an hr later and then its in full shade, i dont mind on to keep moving it around, but like when i goto schol its only been in light for so little,

but wnayway i should put in partly shade right, i wanna know if they like ful sun tho>?

ANY nepenthes (except for N.Longifolia most likely) can take full sun if they are adapted to it first. Bical could take full sun, as I saw it in person at Mike Catalani's gh. His Bicals even though in partial shade sometimes were in full sun when it was 10am-2pm in the day when the sun was highest and they were right in it. But if you're going to adjust it to full sun do it slowly moving it out of the shade a few inches a week or so towards the full sun.

Back