What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Name that Nep!

hehehe

Title says it all, but there's an added bonus!
wow.gif

If you name a plant correctly, I'll trade you a cutting when the plant gets older!!
smile.gif

Rules:

1) You get one and ONLY ONE guess per plant!

2) Newbie ppl get the first chance to guess i.e. there has to be at least 5 guesses from newbies before the not-so-newbies can guess.

3) You can ask me to try to take a better picture of the pitcher in question if you want.

4) There is no limit to how many correct guesses you can make i.e. someone can get all 6 right, and hence 6 reservations of the 6 cuttings to be made.

Conditions:

1) I hold the right to determine when I want to make cuttings of the plants.

2) I can refuse to make a cutting for someone if I feel that s/he does not deserve it (this is at my discretion).

<span style='color:blue'>Hints:</span>

1) All of the pitchers are from Lowland Neps.

2) 2 of the plants are sort of rare in cultivation (AFAIK).

And before someone yells "I'll just guess from what he has on his grow list," please be aware that I've erased my growlist from both GW and PFT, so please, don't even bother to look.

Also, I know that it's close to impossible to identify a few of the plants with such small pitchers, but that's what makes this so interesting!!
smile.gif

EDIT: Actually greg, you can't guess since you probably know which the plants are (I think I've told you a million times by now about one of the plants!
wow.gif
). I promise I'll make it up to you.
wink.gif

Good Luck to everyone!!  Jœl

<span style='color:red'><span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>THE PICTURES!!!</span></span>

1)
Nep_a.JPG

2)
Nep_b.JPG

3)
Nep_c.JPG

4)
Nep_d.JPG

5)
Nep_e.JPG

6)
Nep_f.JPG

Lordie, those are hard to figure out. I won't even try to guess yet, but are they hybrids, species, or both?

#4 IS GRACILIS
#5 IS BICALCARATA
#6 IS VENTRICOSA

Nathaniel, they're all species, the only hybrids that I have are toooooooo easy to figure out!
wink.gif

George, one of your guesses is right, but the other 5 are wrong. I won't say which one you got right though, just to make it more challenging for the others.
smile.gif

Jœl

wow.gif
7--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (GEORGE-CP @ Oct. 07 2002,08
wow.gif
7)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">#4 IS GRACILIS
#5 IS BICALCARATA
#6 IS VENTRICOSA[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
oh, that was my guess for #4
sad.gif

is # 5 N. merilliana?

is #1 Nepenthes raffelsiana gigantea

Yah, fat chance right?

JOEL thanks i know which one is correct all the rest i had to look up and still guessed. but only one right darn i thought at least a couple otheres where right. thanks no more guess more me
sad.gif
but if #6 is what i thought it was before i changed my mind i will be mad at myself

is #3 N. tentaculata

Wow, Joel, those are some nice pics... I might guess like two of them, but not even a chance on the others. Good luck everyone.

well, I guess that is it for me. I'm out of time, luck and photoes.

Here are my guesses, mindmaze 128.

#1: N. Ampullaria (Spotted)
#2: N. ?
#3: N. ?
#4: N. Northiana
#5: N. ?
#6: N. Merillana

Hi i guess it's too late to guess I alwas miss this stuff! but I'll guess anyway I think #1 is AMPULLARIS spotted (too bad GEORGE-CP ALREADY GUESSED THAT!
sad.gif
)AND # 5 LOOKS LIKE NEPENTHES SPECTABILIS and #6 looks like nepenthes hirsuta
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

Back