What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ventricosaxmaxima photos

Cindy

Staff member
This plant was in a pot with perlite and sphagnum peat for nearly 2 years...it never pitchered for me...

ventri_max_plant.jpg

I took some cuttings last year and had these beautiful pitchers!  
smile.gif
 In just perlite and water all along...

ventri_max_cuttings.jpg

ventricosaXmax_p3_rs25.jpg

ventricosaXmax_p4_rs25.jpg

Yesterday, I decided that I wanted to repot the mother plant  and when I removed the media...notice how pathetic the roots are...:(

ventri_max_root.jpg

Now, it's time to cut back...take another cutting or two...and let the roots grow out...

Anyone has experience with Neps not pitchering for so long could perhaps check the root system...
confused.gif

hard to tell that is a hybrid. the only diff is that the lip is shaped diff. the coloration and everything is alot like a pure N.maxima.

i grow mine in a mix of peat/sand/lfm/bark no speical treat ment lowland conditions and i get pitchers of both upper and lower. ever since i moved all the plants out side again after the winter spell i had here i haven't had any upper pitchers form. guess it is just getting used to the outside enviroment again.

wish i could learn your trick on getting cuttings to root. i tried one small cutting of N.gracilis and it will not root. i have gotten others types to root but, the easy ones just won't do it.

I believe N Gracilis is easiest to rood in water.

joe

the Hybrods looks like a muture N. meribles lid and the presium is different. Very nice pics. The roots look fine.
smile.gif

What language are you guys speaking?  
confused.gif

N. glacilies? N. meribles?  
wow.gif

I think we need a spelling check here! I think George means N. gracilis and Phil mean N. mirabilis. Please spell them right guys. Look at the keyboard if you have to!
wink.gif

Cindy, nice plant, but small and not big roots. The only Nepenthes that is very picky about roots for me is N. merrilliana...it WILL NOT pitcher for me unless it has sufficent roots space. Good luck with the cuttings though! Now you have 2 replacements.
smile.gif

Sorry I was so sleepy and I was trying to control my brothers.
biggrin.gif

I grow mine ( the one I got from Ludwig
smile.gif
) in peat moss, sand, orchid bark and perlite. I let it dry out until its just damp before watering and it has plenty of pitcher buds.

Dustin, your right i edited my post. don't know what i need a spell check for.

Back