What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How large get the pichters of those Neps?

R

Ronin22

My newest Nepenthes plants are Truncata x Ventricosa and ampullaria typ spotted x rafflesiana f. alba.

Now these both are still pretty small and I need to know how large the plants can grow, especially the pitchers. I guess that the Truncata x Ventricosa can produce very large pitchers but I am unsure of the other one.

Can someone answer this question?

The ampullaria x rafflesiana is natural hybrid called xHookeriana. It would depend a bit on which rafflesiana used. The alba form you mention isn't one of the giant varieties so that would put the pitchers on a large mature plant at maybe the size of a small orange. Size of the plant.. hmm couple feet across roughly.

Here is a pic from Exotica Plants (Geoff Mansell)
17619_14.jpg

Tony

Hey Tony,

what is the biggest sized N ampullaria pitcher that you have seen? I'm wondering because the biggest pitchers on my spotted one are about 2 inches tall at most. Just wondering...

smile.gif

Joel

Back