Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 4" J Finn pitcher

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy

I was wondering how I was doing on my nep.

It seems happy, and the color looks good, but I don't know what the max is on size--should I expect still larger pitchers?

The ventricosa is maxing out at about 2-2.5 inches per pticher, and is growing a lot slower than the Finn (I have not repotted this one).

Steve
    I'd rather have a butterwort in front of me than a...wait, ummm...I'll come up with something...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have seen larger pithcers on J.Finn, but they do grow slow. A method of producing larger pitchers is by allowing the forming pitcher to lay on a bed of live sphagnum moss.
    Taproot, Anti-Flag, The Casualties, Alkaline Trio, Eleventeen, Deadsy, AFI...what's not to love?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think they can get up to 12". N.Ventricosa should get bigger pitchers. Maybe ou should give it a little to eat and wait a while.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have had one for 6 months, and they are barely topping 2, so your doing great.
    \"Maybe in order to understand mankind, we have to look at the word itself: \"Mankind\". Basically, it\'s made up of two separate words - \"mank\" and \"ind\". What do these words mean ? It\'s a mystery, and that\'s why so is mankind.\" ~ Jack Handey

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stevo is it possible you could post a pic of your J. Finn? (pitchjer and plant) I'm not sure if that's what mine is or not so I'd like to conpare it to yours. If ya can't no biggie! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Once they get going, N. x Judith Finn seems to grow much larger with each leaf. After a little over a year, mine prodiced a 9" pitcher (right after a 5" one) and it has more forming now. The leaves have grown quite a bit larger even after the 9" pitcher, so I get a feeling it'll be a big plant once it's full grown. It has gotten a bit too big though, the leaves are huge, some more than a foot long.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote (swords @ July 17 2002,06:29)
    Stevo is it possible you could post a pic of your J. Finn? (pitchjer and plant) I'm not sure if that's what mine is or not so I'd like to conpare it to yours. If ya can't no biggie! :)[/QUOTE]
    OK Josh--

If I can get the local digital camera from work I will do it! The peristome is red, but only on the more recent, larger pitchers. I think patterning and coloration will change as new pitchers come in.

Steve

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote (Tristan @ July 17 2002,04:42)
    I think they can get up to 12". N.Ventricosa should get bigger pitchers. Maybe ou should give it a little to eat and wait a while.[/QUOTE]
    Yeah--the vent just managed to get some food last week.

I am looking forward to giant pitchers. I cannot imagine this thing that large!

Steve

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast