What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why?

i bought my nep. about 2 month and when i bought it it have a smaller nep. in the same pot. Lately i put it in a clear plastic container and cover it with a piece of plastic. Today i took a look at it and the smaller 1 fall of it leaves. The leaves is not yellow but it is green and it seem like the part that the leave sticks to the steam is desolving. What happen to it, any suggestion on how to save the little plant?

what are your growing conditions & potting mix

doesn't seem like any disease i've heard of, but i havent seen many plant diseases in my life

Sounds like the small shoot rotted the stem. If it happens to a small seedling often the leaves still look good except the center is all brown. Not much you can do if this is the case ;/
Tony

Tony is right, when i check it all the leaves it is green only the center is brown. Will this going to occur for my older nep. since i grow them in the same pot(50/50 mix)?
Thanx guys

Generally I find this happens on small seedlings when they are potted too deeply and kept too wet.
Tony

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (huy716 @ Dec. 10 2002,11:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Tony is right, when i check it all the leaves it is green only the center is brown.  Will this going to occur for my older nep. since i grow them in the same pot(50/50 mix)?
Thanx guys[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
Only if your leave the baby to rot next to the adult.

Back