What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nepenthes i.d.

could some of the experts check these plant out and i.d. it if they can

this is a picture of the leaf the closes one

this is a picture of one of the pitchers. the peristome has small fangs which can't be seen from the picture

help is appreciated

this is a picture of the pitcher that was grown from a basil shoot. it has hairs growing on the lid

this is a picture of the whole plant.

ok the pitcher in the first picture is 3" the one in the second picture is 1 1/2"

i edited my post to add a picture to it as requested

What conditions are you growing it in? Could you post a pic of the entire plant? How big are the pitchers?

Thanks,
Mike
smile.gif

EDIT: My guess is a N. Bellii hybrid. Possibly N. (Bellii x Bicalcarta) x Ventricosa.

when i bought the plant i was told it was a N.khasiana but, when i recieved it and looked at the mature pitchers on it there was small fangs inside of it so i knew it wasn't (N.khasiana). when i say fangs i mean inside of the lips not like (bicalcarata) does. like (hamata and villosa) really close together spaced apart about 1mm from each other

I can see the Fangs on the presum in the front of it. Right.
wink.gif

And i would agree it does have some Bellix ventrata. Meybe.
biggrin.gif
I wonder why the seller thought it is a N. Khasiana I have one it looks so much different from your plant. It could be a hybrid with Khasiana in it.
wink.gif
tounge.gif
smile.gif

phil traper2,

no that is part of the wings that you are seeing. the fangs are in the mouth of the pitcher under the rim of the lip

Can youtake a pic inside the piture so we can see the fangs.
biggrin.gif

no that picture was taken about 2 months ago and the pitcher is brown and dried up now. it did keep its form thu quit well

Do any of te new pitchers have the fangs on the lid? If so can you take a pic and show it to us.
biggrin.gif

the only new pitcher that is on the plant is the one that is pictured (redish color). and there is now way that i can get my digital to take pictures that close to be clear enought to see.

It almost seems like N. sibuyanensis to me. I know some clones of N. ventricosa can have small teeth too, sometimes with a riged peristome, like a lesser version of N. villosa. Could be a hybrid too
confused.gif

I can't be N. Ventricosax Lowii because the lid would look like a lowii lid. And in the middle of the pitcher it would be streched out like a lowii and the only thing that would be different abou that hybrid is that it would have the same color as a N. Ventricosa.
smile.gif

George,

Where did you buy that plant? Are the leaves waxy? Are the tendrils longer than usual?

My guess: N. Ventricosa x Bellii

ya i would say the leaves are some what waxy looking. the tendrils is 8" long. i don't remember the persons name i got them from but, it was some one on the ICPS listserver that was cleaning out his collection and didn't want any Nepenthes in it anymore. i just looked threw my records and the persons name is (Doug Bertelsen)

I think we need some more input. Where's Nep G? Rob? Tony?

that is what i was hoppen to check the plant out and get an idea of what it is. even jeff might give a hint of what it is but, i guess i have to wait even longer for a reply from them.

I think it is a hybrid with some N. Tobica in it.
biggrin.gif

Hey all,

hmm...definetly an N. ventricosa hybrid...no doubt about that. The whole plant picture looks like a little N. tobiaca plant..so maybe it's N. ventricosa x tobiaca but I am not sure on this one! Nice plant though. I think we need the big boys on this one guys. Tony, Rob, Jeff cmon in!
smile.gif

that is funny that you mention that phil i just picked up 4 N.tobiaca a week or so ago from a local plant fair her in town. along with 6 other Neps.

Back