Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: N. xhareliana

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if it were red skeleton then the pitcher would probably have red streaks all over that would make it look like a skeleton but if it were red skelton than probably bruce bednar named it after the comedian , red skelton , it would probably not be a good name for it unless the pictures looked clownish and funny . this is quite a complicated hybrid , what is the most complicated hybrid of nepenthes .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No doubt the red suffusion comes from the Hachijo-thorelii influence. The spotting would be the Dyeriana. the peristome was dark, with fine banding. It is distictive-I wouldn't mind having one myself [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img] . As I recall (this was several years ago) the pitcher had a distinctive waist with the lower, more bulbous portion having a kind of angular front where the tendril formed-very elongated.
    In my opinion, people dis mirabilis way too much. It adds vigor and speed of growth to hybrids. The trick is to use a good clone-my preference would be echinostoma or one of the really dark red-purple-black ones.

Trent

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trent,
    I'm not dissing on mirabilis at all, it's more of a question of how the leaf structure is. So far I haven't had a problem with any neps that have generally thicker, waxy leaves. The thinner leafed neps such as mirabilis tend to be slightly picky with any sort of fluctuations.

Hehe, I guess in the long run, i'm trying to figure out if this guy's gonna require a more mirabilis suited habitat, or is it a little more relaxed.
    Lithops care info: If you take care of it, it will die.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As I recall, the leaves were intermediate between the two-actually, more like a thorelii, but long and lanceolate.

Trent

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks again Trent. That makes me feel a whole lot better. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif[/img] It sounds like i'm really going to like this one.
    Lithops care info: If you take care of it, it will die.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12