What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My rajah pics!

Hi,
Here's some pics of my nep. rajah!
tounge.gif
Hope you like them.
smile.gif

Nepenthes%20rajah.jpg

Here are some more...

rajah%20Nov%202%202002.jpg

another:

rajah%20pic%20closeup.jpg

Spectabilis73

smile.gif
tounge.gif
biggrin.gif

comments anyone?
smile.gif

Spec73. put some LFM around the plant under it's leaves. just to the bottom of the leave and take your time so you don't break anything. also i would take the pitcher out of the pot but if it doesn't want to don't force it. it also looks like it could use alot of light for a while too. mist it to some. it likes alot of humidity at night 90-100% there should be drops of water on it. don't let the leaves dry up. i made that mistake once and one of the leaves cracked. beside all that the plant looks great for just getting it. good luck w/ it

what is LFM? Long Fibered Spagnum?

EDIT: What do I give it for light? it is hard to take the pitchers out because the soil startes like 1 in. under the pot. I don't have any lights, what kind of bulb do I use? What do I give it for soil? (I want to lift it up to the top of the pot by putting an inch more of soil at the bottom of the pot, and some LFM at the top, whatever that is.)

Spectabilis73

light it depends on how you grow yours sunlight or under a hood light. LMF you are right long fibered spagnum. for light i give it 1 soft white,1 grow light,1 sunlight under a 4' hood. for soil to bring it up a little to the rim i would just put some bark & lfm.

Back