What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vit b1 helped neps recover!

Cindy

Staff member
I repotted my ventrata recently and removed two basal shoots. These two have no roots and I put them into another pot into a transparent plastic bag for the nights, leaving them out to get a little filtered light during the day. The leaves would go limp in the open and were not fully turgid even in the plastic bag.

I know that B1 is commonly used in rooting hormones and even Superthrive. Tired of the "bagging" and "un-bagging", I decided to "medicate" them by using the bottle of Vit B1 that I purchased from a local pharmacy. One tablet - mixed with a cup of water, I then watered the shoots and left them alone for a few hours...then I rinsed the medium of excess B1.

The shoots have never been better after that! They have been in filtered sunlight ever since and have not gone limp at all!!

Amazing but don't follow suit...unless you know your B1 and have got extra cuttings to spare.
rolleyes.gif

thats really interesting,

i have to try it one time

Dear Cindy:

thanks for your input. it is really appreciated!!. Although i have to say that when i tried to grow cuttings with superthrive (soaking prior potting them), i saw no instant beneficial effect.

Perhaps the trick is to water them in the superthrive solution and see!!!.
I have a question though, how many milligrams of B1 did you
use per cup of water?

Thanks

Agustin

Agustin,

It's 10mg per cup of water. LOL The tablets are actually expired (since 12/99), now that I'm checking the concentration for you...
tounge.gif

Back