Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Neps pics

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    heck Kim a job offer from Rob, i wouid grab it in a heart beat. how lucky you are.
    George McKay

In The End We are All Dead
    Florida

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rob, et al,

Yes, I grew all those plants and would probably love to have a job over there Rob. You certainly grow stellar plants yourself Rob, and I envy your location to their native environment. Also, for information requested....N. x rokko is a very fast growing plant but make sure you have some room as it is a climber. I hope to post some more pics this week, and for the request, the first pic is N. veitchii x maxima xx rokko x veitchii. I have two forms of this plant, and both are nice. Thanks for the nice compliments.

Kim

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    George,

I am sorry I didn't fully answer your question on N. x rokko, but humidity requirements are much like N. maxima. Since I grow all my neps outside here in Hawaii, humidity can vary quite a bit. I also do not get the very high temps that lowlands might prefer. What that does to my lowland neps is make them grow a bit slower but still grow normal. I would probably say that conditions here at my location are more intermediate with lows in the summer around 70 and highs 85 fahrenheit. In the winter months like now, we can get down to the high fifties, and day temps are usually about 80 F. Normally we are quite wet on the east side of the big island. The ultra highlands seem to prefer a bit more elevation than I have, because I am at sea level. However, in just twenty minutes or so I can drive to 4000 plus feet where temps will go down to the forties, and highs around 74. Hope this is of some help.

Kim

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, Kim. That helps.

Very best
    Tim

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Kim, thanks for the info but, Tim was the one wondering about the Rokko. heck i live at 3 feet above sea level and it would take me just 12 hrs drive to get to 4000 ft. hey you got an extra room so it will be a shorter drive j/k
    George McKay

In The End We are All Dead
    Florida

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123